Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free File hosting for Life

• 11-09-2008 6:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭

Heres my attempt for the most thanked post on boards?

File Savr, a normally pay-site, is feeling generous:
    We owe our success to the social bookmarking sites like Digg, Stumble, Reddit and Delicious. As a thank you to the social sites we are offering free accounts on FileSavr.com to all bloggers as well as members of all social sites. This is a lifetime membership for absolutely FREE. There is no catch, we simply hope this will create good buzz and people will also donate to us if they like our service.

Sign up before September 15th and you will be entitled to free file hosting for Life... or 2038. I guess thats when the world ends.

Each account lets you host files as large as 10 Gigabytes, to a maximum account size of 250 gigabytes.

What have you got to lose? Sign Up before the site crumbles under its own publicity stunt.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Never heard of it. What are the speeds normally like from it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

hadnt honestly tried it yet. uno momento parvavore

321519373.png

Tried uploading the ccleaner installer: give it a whack. Took less than 2 minutes to upload. Obviously very dependant on your up speed though, mines close to 400k at peak. downloading that averaged 300kbps for me, peaked at 377kbps.

You can thank me now(!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Seems fast, but the ccleaner file you uploaded isn't realy big enough for a proper test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Am uploading a 700mb file now. started at 10:55. Will let you know how i got on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hmmmm. I'll wait until we hear back from Manlove.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I'm intrigued

Upload finished at 11:21. So not bad speeds at all ;)

Okay maybe this thing dosent work. I've upped a few files now and none of them are showing up :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Manties wrote: »
    Okay maybe this thing dosent work. I've upped a few files now and none of them are showing up :/
    There is no spoon. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thanks removed :mad:

• Advertisement

maybe it just doesnt like manties. im uploaded my nvidia driver now. its about 140mb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

works for me. :)

yea that upload timed out at 25%. They did say theyre under heavy load of late though. Huge influx of new users and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Thanks for the notice anyway.

Storage: 0Mb / 250Gb
    Paid Until: Jan 18th, 2038

:)

Uploaded another few files this morning. Still nothing on there. No loss really as i have a few box's scattered around i can use ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Where's it gone?

-

Edit:

It appears to be back again (was off-line for a while today.)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

So is this working or not lads ?

Still not working for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Im going to try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Error 503 service unavailable:(

• Advertisement

its still up.

stupid company. went looking after this only to discover my account has apparently been severed

Advertisement