Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls do you have a sneaky snoop?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Kotick

Snooping eh? Can't say I've really snooped before. I'll notice things lying around but I don't inspect them (less it's a framed picture). If there is a photo album, I ask if I can look.

My ex boyfriend checked my email while I was out of town. Dunno how long he had been doing that for out of the 5 years we had been dating (never give out your password to ANYONE). He would also read through my instant messages I left up on my computer. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Kotick wrote: »
    Snooping eh? Can't say I've really snooped before. I'll notice things lying around but I don't inspect them (less it's a framed picture). If there is a photo album, I ask if I can look.

My ex boyfriend checked my email while I was out of town. Dunno how long he had been doing that for out of the 5 years we had been dating (never give out your password to ANYONE). He would also read through my instant messages I left up on my computer. :eek:

I'm guessing that's the reason he's your ex-boyfriend :).

Snooping is a ghastly invasion of privacy, and I would always treat others the way I would like to be treated myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

I have in my boyfriends room but only when we were at a comfortable stage in relationship and I was sure he wouldnt consider it a betrayal of trust as he is the type that would be happy to tell you anything but you have to ask first.
    I shouldnt have though as I dug up some incriminating evidence from the past, that caused some problems, but we got over it and were happy as larry now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Never went through a girls stuff at her home, phones if they're around you I take it is okay, I'd have no prob with someone checking mine on front of me, behind my back though I'd probably be pretty pissed. Really need a second phone.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

Have never done it. Would never do it. Would hate to think its been done to me.

I find the posts saying "How is the air up their on moral mountain" and the like very telling. Just because you do something don't assume everyone else does. Personally I don't think very highly of people who snoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Aurora Borealis

Blatant lie. You wouldn't do this to a friend or family member, would you?

My SISTER as I said already used to do this to us all the time.

My gay FRIEND was snooping in my stuff.

Neither of the above would have been driven by anything other than simple curiosity. Not making it anymore okay but certainly less sinister and in my humble opinion somewhat more humane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LG26

Hi Aurora Borealis

All girls have done it at some stage. I did it to an ex and to be honest didn't like what I found so never did it again. But yeah we all have it in us and anyone that says they don't is lying.......

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Cathooo wrote: »
    Have to say I wouldn't do it to anyone. After rooting through my parents wardrobe and finding certain christmas presents in there years ago I vowed to never snoop like that again, I think it would be something that could easily get out of control, first it's a drawer, then it's a wardrobe, then its the boxes above the wardrobe, then phone :eek:

So no, I'd never do it.

Snap, that happened to me too! Except it wasn't Christmas presents, it was rude letters my parents had written to each other donkeys ago :eek: I'll never make that mistake again!
    I think a good rule of thumb is if it'd bother you to have it done to you, then don't do it to others. Simple but devastating!
    Also, I don't buy the whole doing it out of boredom thing, when I'm bored I watch tv or go online or stick the Wii on, have yet to have the urge to snoop when bored. But that could also be because of the way I first came across the word cunt! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Never went through a girls stuff at her home, phones if they're around you I take it is okay, I'd have no prob with someone checking mine on front of me, behind my back though I'd probably be pretty pissed. Really need a second phone.....:D

What reason do you have to go through someone's phone? I wouldn't class that as acceptable at all. Even in front of me is unacceptable, the phone would be immediately taken off them. I wouldn't trust a person who felt the need to snoop like that, perhaps they've something to hide themselves.

Snap, that happened to me too! Except it wasn't Christmas presents, it was rude letters my parents had written to each other donkeys ago :eek: I'll never make that mistake again!
    I think a good rule of thumb is if it'd bother you to have it done to you, then don't do it to others. Simple but devastating!
    Also, I don't buy the whole doing it out of boredom thing, when I'm bored I watch tv or go online or stick the Wii on, have yet to have the urge to snoop when bored. But that could also be because of the way I first came across the word cunt! :o

LOL ewww nasty, glad I didn't find anything like that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Snooping is a ghastly invasion of privacy, and I would always treat others the way I would like to be treated myself.

+ 1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If there are pictures on the wall, I'd look. But I'd never look THROUGH things or read anyone's post/personal letters, I think that's disgraceful behaviour. Even reading their texts/emails would make me feel very uncomfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭hippiechickie

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Whoah, looking through phones without asking is not ok, even in front of the person!

I remember in primary school it was a regular thing to just ask for someone's phone to look through, we openly read eachother's messages for some reason and no one really cared. Now I'd think it was really weird if someone went through my messages, even though they're still pretty much as boring.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Piste wrote: »
    I remember in primary school it was a regular thing to just ask for someone's phone to look through, we openly read eachother's messages for some reason and no one really cared. Now I'd think it was really weird if someone went through my messages, even though they're still pretty much as boring.

I remember this too, though for me it was first/second year in school (I had a mobile in primary school, but it was an analogue! Hence no texts) I think the reason we didn't mind people going through our phones was because we never had anything worth hiding haha, if you think back to your texts to friends when you were 13 they were pretty dull. Not that I'm saying I'm hiding anything now, I'm just probably more private than I was at that age

Advertisement