Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Eireann to Dublin?

• 11-09-2008 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone get the bus from Trim to Dublin every day? If so, is the service reliable? I'm thinking of moving jobs to the city centre and was wondering how good the bus service is in the mornings?

I know there is a park and ride in Trim (near Lidl), but is there anywhere else I can park to get the bus? e.g. Kiltale or Scurlogstown.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

You can get the bus in Kiltale & Scurlogstown. 1st bus leaves Trim @ 6:45am and goes to Stephen's Green. They go roughly on the quarter hour after that. 7am goes direct to Bus Aras. Sometimes the bus is slow through picking people up along the way but it is reliable and beats the hassle of drining imo.

Evening is sometimes hit and miss but the 1st Bus goes @ 5pm (or a bit earllier if full) and fairly regular after that until 6:30pm.

You can get an annual ticket and if work pay and deduct it from your gross it works out pretty cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭chewed

dixiefly wrote: »
    You can get the bus in Kiltale & Scurlogstown. 1st bus leaves Trim @ 6:45am and goes to Stephen's Green. They go roughly on the quarter hour after that. 7am goes direct to Bus Aras. Sometimes the bus is slow through picking people up along the way but it is reliable and beats the hassle of drining imo.

Evening is sometimes hit and miss but the 1st Bus goes @ 5pm (or a bit earllier if full) and fairly regular after that until 6:30pm.

You can get an annual ticket and if work pay and deduct it from your gross it works out pretty cheap.

Thanks Dixiefly. Do you know if there is parking at Kiltale and Scurlogstown? I notice cars parked at Jack Quinn's pub in the mornings and I wonder if these are using the bus service. The park & ride in Trim charges €2 per day (which is not much, but adds up).

Also, where can I get information on Annual tickets? I couldn't see anything on the Bus Eireann site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭dkane

Info on the annual tickets can be found here
    http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=72

The morning buses through Kiltale are not always the most reliable, drivers not stopping, buses being full etc.

Thanks a million Dkane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Does anyone happen to know how to go in the other direction in the morning? I need to get from Dublin City Centre to Trim before 9:30am.

• Advertisement

Spike440 wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know how to go in the other direction in the morning? I need to get from Dublin City Centre to Trim before 9:30am.

Check out the timetable

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1215700587-111.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

Cheers. I think it'll be too late though. Looks like my only option is a bus to Navan and a taxi to Trim!

Advertisement