Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - 1 MILLION customers

• 11-09-2008 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Ok - as those of you who know me will already know - I am a bit of a Meteor fan. Been with them for ages and have always thought that they were the best!

Just heard on the news that they have confirmed that they now have 1 MILLION customers.

The guy who was customer 1 million won a €70,000 prize!! Jammy! :)

Anyway - glad to see that there are 999,999 more people like me out there!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

\o/

If that was drunkmonkey when he changed over to try it ill go mad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

jmccrohan wrote: »
    \o/

Surely he'd buy us a few pints with the €70,000. After all, we recommended he sign up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

He can buy me a new e51.

I dropped mine from about half a metre last night..
    Screen is now black, not burst, just black.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Just heard on the news that they have confirmed that they now have 1 MILLION customers.

All waiting for a decent data add-on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

\o/

i was about to post exactly the same thing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

long_b wrote: »
    All waiting for a decent data add-on

Not me! I am very happy with their offer :)

NOTE: I always feel the need to qualify my posts on Meteor by stating the obvious and saying that I am a big fan of theirs! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

He can buy me a new e51.

You might as well get an e66 in that case. It's due to launch on some of our networks (O2 anyway) by the middle of this month. Hopefully Meteor will pick it up too (even if only on billpay, I'd be tempted to switch).

You might as well get an e66 in that case. It's due to launch on some of our networks (O2 anyway) by the middle of this month. Hopefully Meteor will pick it up too (even if only on billpay, I'd be tempted to switch).

In town at the moment. (boards on this 6300 is painful)

A new screen is only e65 and i'll have it back tomorrow. That seems like the best option right now...

Not really in a position to loose the free text, hence sticking with prepay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,252 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

\o/

Mmmm...will I go for an orange or a cherry porche....decisions, decisions,.........:D

Sorry lads it wasn't me, Didn't get round to it yet....of cource i'd be ye all a few beers, might even chip in and help you pay those crazy data charges:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Lovely. A new screen for the e51 is only e65. Talk about confusing. :D

ONE MILLION CUSTOMERS! What are the other networks at now? I hope Meteor didn't count my 8 SIM cards as 8 customers :o

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Lovely. A new screen for the e51 is only e65. Talk about confusing. :D
    Did you ever try posting the € symbol via the m.boards.ie? You just get a blank square.. Something isnt unicode somewhere.

I didnt know if it was the same on opera mini. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

This is great news for Meteor, certainly a major milestone to have achieved. Any news on their new bill-pay tariffs or is this just a rumour?

He can buy me a new e51.

I got my e51 back.

:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

gg meteor

i'm proud to say i'm there from day one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

with them since day 1 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Random wrote: »
    I hope Meteor didn't count my 8 SIM cards as 8 customers :o

I'm nearly as bad with 6- ones from the work go with the free credit every month:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

Meteor = Eircom = Scum

I hope nobody here is connecting on dialup, I'd rather burn my money than give it to a company who refuse to roll out broadband to the country in 2008.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Lobster

After my contract is up I'm going with Vodafone. Definetly better than Meteor where I live (Donegal). Almost everytime someone calls me they go through to my message minder, and messages don't always send first time. Vodafone and 02 never had this problem here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Meteor rocks down in leitrim....

Still not to impressed with the fact eircom owns them but....Happy enough..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Was delighted myself when I heard this. Great network, and in terms of coverage it's way better than O2, and matches Vodafone down here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    Ok - as those of you who know me will already know - I am a bit of a Meteor fan. Been with them for ages and have always thought that they were the best!

The guy who was customer 1 million won a €70,000 prize!! Jammy! :)

Anyway - glad to see that there are 999,999 more people like me out there!

Heard about this as well.
    Whatever about meteor, i think that guy is probably the very definition of jammy. :)

Advertisement