Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westport.

• 11-09-2008 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

I am heading down to Westport at the end of the month.
    Me, the misssssis and another couple.
    I'm all up for the drankin', so word on a few boozers would be cool.

I like chilled with a good atmosphere and food.
    But also like a place with tequila shots, good tunes and a possible knife fight around each bend :pac:....depending on my mood or time of the day.

But most importantly of all I looking for activities to do in and around the Westport area during the day. Anything from chilled to adventurous (kinda similar to my preference in pubs!!!) I have my own motor, so travelling isn't a problem.

Anyone got any ideas, definite must do's and sneaky unknown free masonary.

Regards.
    O.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭W123-80's

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi All.

I am heading down to Westport at the end of the month.
    Me, the misssssis and another couple.
    I'm all up for the drankin', so word on a few boozers would be cool.

I like chilled with a good atmosphere and food.
    But also like a place with tequila shots, good tunes and a possible knife fight around each bend :pac:....depending on my mood or time of the day.

But most importantly of all I looking for activities to do in and around the Westport area during the day. Anything from chilled to adventurous (kinda similar to my preference in pubs!!!) I have my own motor, so travelling isn't a problem.

Anyone got any ideas, definite must do's and sneaky unknown free masonary.

Regards.
    O.

Good pubs - Town Centre;
    Heneghans on Sat night, Bridge St.- Usually decent band down back.
    McGings - No T.V! Good live trad on Friday evenings. If you are lucky you might get the 6-9pm once a month Jazz session. Excellent. real nice pub, good crowd, good atmosphere, great pints.
    Matt Molloys, Bridge St. - Busy Busy. Good beer.
    Geraghtys on the Octagon - Often live jazz/Trad band on a friday night. nice little pub.
    The West, Bridge St.- worth a look. Sat night only. loud music. generally busy. Food during the day.
    Cosy Joes, Bridge St. - Late bar. if its your thing its worth a look. Food during the day.

C2 - Nightclub. beside Castlecourt & Plaza Hotels. OK.

The Quay is also well worth a look. Especially during the day.
    20 min walk from town centre.
    The Helm. Great food, good atmospehre at night. Good Saefood.
    The asguard & the towers both decent for a daytime pint and a bite to eat.

Weather permitting climb Croagh Patrick. do it early morning. build up a raging hunger and thirst and sample the above! The Tavern bar & Restaurant couple of miles outside westport just before Croagh Patrick has great food and is a nice place to go.

Plenty of beaches to visit. Old head, silver strand.
    If you are interested in surfing corrowniskey beach the far side of Louisberg, approx. 15 miles from westport is the spot. Not sure if the lessons will still be available this time of year.

Take a spin to Mulranny & Achill during the day on Saturday. Drive all the way to Keel then on to Keem Bay in Achill. Spectacular regardless of weather.

Enjoy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Cheers W123-80.

You are a gent sir!

Advertisement