Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Overpriced & Underwhelming

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The Alfa Berea,
    Drove one today and was expecting more. Was only the 2.2 one but with 185 BHP I expected a bit more oomph.
    Beautiful car though....

Still a bit expensive IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

Mr.David wrote: »
    Arent Audi drivers supposed to have taken over the mantle of C*ck drivers?

first of all mind the language.
    thats news to me:rolleyes:
    i got nothing against bmw s ,indeed the petrols are safe, stylish and lively.
    guess the lack of indicator use irks me most compared to most cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Mr.David wrote: »
    Arent Audi drivers supposed to have taken over the mantle of C*ck drivers?
    Only if you're a follower of the Bible according to Clarkson, who used this comparison when moving the BMW M3 up the cool wall and the RS4 Audi down. He justified the move by claiming that the c**ks that had been driving M3's were now migrating to the Audi equivalent. Found it a bit of a stupid statement myself, as typically the drivers of these particular cars are pretty bloody good behind the wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Top Dog wrote: »
    BMW X6 - only seen two of these so far, and each was sufficiently hideous for me to question the owners sanity in such a purchase. It looks like a 5 series estate on stilts with something heavy having squished the rear.
    QUOTE]

couldnt agree more BMW let there high class percision when designing cars down big time here and there usually so in tune with the market

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

Found it a bit of a stupid statement myself, as typically the drivers of these particular cars are pretty bloody good behind the wheel.
    drivers of which cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

In this instance M3's and RS4's.

Though in the more general sense, performance cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BMW X6 - only seen two of these so far, and each was sufficiently hideous for me to question the owners sanity in such a purchase. It looks like a 5 series estate on stilts with something heavy having squished the rear.
    More like that Rexton 270 yoke, you mean..

Any Ssangyong - why oh why would anyone buy one? Ghastly looking monstrosities.
    ....looks like an X6, you mean..:P :P

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

BMW X3 - no, not simply because its a BMW. I Just fail to see the point. Its not that big, has limited ground clearance, and I just can't see the point.

Completely agree.
    BMW X6 - only seen two of these so far, and each was sufficiently hideous for me to question the owners sanity in such a purchase.

If I was spending that kind of money I could think of many better things to spend it on. But I've seen a few on the road and I think they look mad enough for me to buy one! Apparently they are a great drive as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I have to laugh at anyone who drives a BM, especially the drivers of 01/02/03 BM's,

Ever considered, that they may have bought it new, and like it so much they have not bothered to change it.

I'm not a fan of BMW myself, but that has more to do with the attitude of some of the people driving them, not the actual brand itself.

As for pointless cars, I would vote for the Porsche Cayenne, especially as VW build it, better looking and with a proper (in 4x4 terms) diesel engine, not that I have anything against diesels either.

Advertisement