Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My "dangerous" Dog

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Mairt wrote: »
    Thanks, she's coming on great alright.

Photo's don't really do her justice, but if you seen her when I got her first compared to now, six weeks later, you wouldn't think its the same dog.

attachment.php?attachmentid=63293&stc=1&d=1221558687

attachment.php?attachmentid=63295&stc=1&d=1221558751

Gorgeous, gorgeous girl!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This is my "dangerous dog" according to some idiot park warden in DCC, who still refuse to reply to my emails loooking for justification on why a lurcher is a dangerous animal.

Know a fella who was told by a garda to put his lurcher on a lead or he'd take him...

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭opti76

well all dogs have to be on a lead in a public place

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Gawd Mairt, she's a stunner!!

opti76 wrote: »
    No they dont!! All dogs on the RESTRICTED BREEDS list, have to be on a lead in a public place.
    Other dogs of different breeds are allowed to be off-lead once they are under effectual control - which can be verbal commands or hand signals that they obey.

Unless a bye-law of a particular place states that ALL dogs are to be kept on a lead, breeds that arent on the restricted list can be left off their leads once they are kept under control.

next caller :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

Just google searched staffordshire bull terrier and at the top of the page was the related search with "staffordshire bull terrier attacks".

This upset me as I've been trying to show my parents hw nice these dogs really are and if anyone were to give them the chance and do a bit of honest research on the breed the first thing they'd be met with is a very negative area.

Sorry just thought you people would see why it's upsetting. Didn't want to start a rant thread :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LovelyTom wrote: »
    This upset me as I've been trying to show my parents hw nice these dogs really are and if anyone were to give them the chance and do a bit of honest research on the breed the first thing they'd be met with is a very negative area.

Tom, I'm only living up the road from you. If you ever want to meet my guys I'd drop down to you anytime.

Most people who meet these two fall in love with the breed straight away, almost without fail.

Tom, I'm only living up the road from you. If you ever want to meet my guys I'd drop down to you anytime.

Most people who meet these two fall in love with the breed straight away, almost without fail.

I don't doubt it one bit! I've been making good progress with my parents (They can't see past what the media tells them :( ). Have nearly convinced them I think :D
    I brought my dog to dog training up in swords tonight. They have a seperate class for staffy's and brought my parents over to show them.
    I won't be giving up anytime soon and that's for sure!

LovelyTom wrote: »
    I brought my dog to dog training up in swords tonight. They have a seperate class for staffy's and brought my parents over to show them.
    I won't be giving up anytime soon and that's for sure!

My puppy Ruby will be going up there shortly, but at the moment I'm using Tuesdays as an extra training day for Judo.

My puppy Ruby will be going up there shortly, but at the moment I'm using Tuesdays as an extra training day for Judo.

It's a brilliant place! they have a class of between 8-12 staffs... And for 5 quid a class you can't beat it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Five quid a class, dose that include other breeds, even to drive over from the south side it sounds feasible for the amount of dogs that come through here that could benefit form it, were is it ?

Five quid a class, dose that include other breeds, even to drive over from the south side it sounds feasible for the amount of dogs that come through here that could benefit form it, were is it ?

Its in the national show centre, if your coming from the southside pass through the Airport/M1 round-about and continue onto the next one (Coachman's Inn on your right). Take a right on this round-about and the show centre is on your left about 50mtrs and well signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

What a lovely staffy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Irish-Lass

Well this is our dangerous dog - all she is really doing is warming up the kittens so she can eat them
    P7200059.jpg

Here she is with other kittens taken last week - she felt a chill so kitten took its like into his own hands and decided to be her scarf:pac:
    P9140235.jpg

And everyone needs a bum warmer :D
    P9140238.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Morganna wrote: »
    Heres one of my dangerous dogs008-10.jpg

Looks like the original Well'ard (RIP) from Eastenders

devil dog terrorizes family pet!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

My baby!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

8 seconds after this was taken .. she destroyed the nation of irelandia.. well she ate the ia province and all records of it in history ..

1152917341_808f81b3f3.jpg

1153576410_d280c48958.jpg

OMG absolutely stunning girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Here is one of my savage beasts - he's almost smirking at you.

The amount of people who cross the road when they see Jake coming is unbelievable .... "that thing should be muzzled" - yeah, I'll put a effin muzzle on you ya %&(*&^!!! :p

25oxh8y.jpg

71i87d.jpg

Edit: Why do dogs always want to snot on your camera lenses!? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭BlackCat2008

Glowing your dogs are goergoues I've fallen head over heels in love with this breed since I rescued one they are the best in the world and your right it's people that should be muzzled not the dogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Country-Bumpkin

Heres a pic of my killer, Lenny....waiting on the Jacker to get into the bowl so he can have his dinner!!

And here he is afterwards having a nap to digest!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Morganna

some stunning pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭laurynsmam

aww wow some fab dogs here. Love this thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Ellie the Rottweiler

2880158220_bf7083d93c.jpg?v=0

2879319881_6fd0408d88.jpg?v=0

2880170962_177e99b132.jpg?v=0

And finally Max - but not a dangerous dog.
    2879335993_89efe9f8f1.jpg?v=0

Some of you may already know about Ellie....

• Registered Users Posts: 14 irish5er

What fab dogs ! have to put picci up of our hound. Hes a german shepherd cross, looks kinda scary but the sweetest nature of any creature i've met.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Some gorgeous Rotties on here...all lovely dogs...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

gman2k wrote: »
    Ellie the Rottweiler

2879319881_6fd0408d88.jpg?v=0

Some of you may already know about Ellie....
    Beautiful face. Some may already know what about Ellie? (hope it isn't sad stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Simple fact i like stating the obvious.:D

Do you think its easier to ban breeds of dogs rather than tackle the owners who often prefer certain breeds and mistreat them.

Iv had a run in with two Yorkshire terriers in my day are they on the banned list?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

Another two of my killers....

• Advertisement

Simple fact i like stating the obvious.:D

Do you think its easier to ban breeds of dogs rather than tackle the owners who often prefer certain breeds and mistreat them.

Iv had a run in with two Yorkshire terriers in my day are they on the banned list?

LOL.

I wonder if we'd to make up a boards.ie/pets forum list of 'dangerous' (but lets call 'em ''snappy'' )dogs what that list would be.

My top three (speaking from personal experience) would be..

1. Jack Russel Terrier.

2. Corgi

2. Yorkshire Terrier.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement