Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt broadband problems!!!, ntl worth it?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

I have BT broadband, 3meg. Lately the service has got really bad, cutting off all the time and real slow speeds. I have been on to customer support a few times and they just keep blaming Eircom. When I ask for refund they ask me to restart the router.....

Anyway, I was looking at ntl and it seems I can get a 20meg connection for only a little bit more!!!!!!. Anyone have this? whats it like?, do I have to get their tv too?, dont want this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jack222

anyone out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mr. Magoo

Was thinking of making the switch back to NTL myself. I got NTL bb back when it first came out and couldn't fault them but had trouble at the end of last year with the speeds and traffic shaping. I got BT when I moved into my new place back in March and at the start it was ok(ish) but for the last while it's been barely usable. I'm paying for a phoneline I don't want with BT so 40 quid for 20meg with NTL instead of close to 60 for 3meg is a very tempting offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donkeyradish

jack222 wrote: »
    anyone out there

Yes, but we are all in the existing 'BT Mega Slow' topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I've NTL 20 Mb, it's great. Their support is woeful but it's a good product.

Advertisement