Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where and where are the writers for An Focal/Pulse supposed to meet up?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

I signed up in the Clubs and Soc Fair yesterday and I can't remember what I was told. :S

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

For shame!!

There'll be posters going up around campus anyway, but there's a writer, photographer, copy editor etc meeting next Wednesday (week 2) at 18:30 in the SU Common Room. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

For shame!!

There'll be posters going up around campus anyway, but there's a writer, photographer, copy editor etc meeting next Wednesday (week 2) at 18:30 in the SU Common Room. :)

Can you explain this? Is this for anyone who intends writing or for people who can see themselves devoting a significant amount of time to your esteemed publications?

Do I have to turn up?

klong wrote: »
    Can you explain this? Is this for anyone who intends writing or for people who can see themselves devoting a significant amount of time to your esteemed publications?

Either! It's basically a general meeting; I'll give a quick overview of the publications and the editorial direction this year and what I expect in terms of content; deadlines; style; etc.

Then, I'll break people up into their specific writing interests - eg news, opinion, sport, music, etc and have more experienced writers chat about that area.

Then it'll probably be moved to Stables/Java's... :D
    klong wrote: »
    Do I have to turn up?

All the cool kids are turning up. It's partially functional, but partially a social way of meeting the other writers. Up to you m'dear!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

can someone remind me of this as i will most certainly forget

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I must say, I saw an focal today and its looking very well..i think it looks a lot better its more eye catching ,more readable.It looks a lot more professional.

Harpy wrote: »
    I must say, I saw an focal today and its looking very well..i think it looks a lot better its more eye catching ,more readable.It looks a lot more professional.

Lots of teething issues to be ironed out and still plenty of room for improvement, but hopefully by edition 14 things will be satisfactory!

Thanks for your comments though... Appreciate feedback - both positive and negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

hmmm i didnt sign up during clubs and socs, but i signed up in the SU on orientation day, should i come along too?

Yup, absolutely! It's a general contributors' meeting to give a general introduction to the publications and then have people sign up to specific sections (eg news, sports, opinion, etc) and meet the staff writers from those sections.

I'll be putting up posters around campus on Monday morning, but definitely come along and spread the word to those who may be interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭shabouwcaw

coolio, see you there :D

ill get my writing hat on.:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement