Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in New Apt

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi All

Moving into new apartment at the weekend and need some advice.
    I have spoken to Chorus in the hope of getting a TV+Broadband Package but they dont service our block so thats a no no.

The block is wored for sky so Im going to get that for TV but what aboput broadband.

What are the best options. I can have the phone line switched on but no matter what broadband service I go with do I still have to pay eircom the 25 euro rental? I dont actually want a phone line as we will not be using the phone at all.

What is the best/cheapest/most reliable broadband over 2 meg thst i can get over my phone line?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You will have to pay line rental no matter who you get.

Companies you should look at are:

- Magnet new 10mb and 24mb products.
    - Smart, up to 24mb
    - BT's new 24mb service.

If you can't get these, they aren't available every were, then your stuck with Eircom or one of their resellers like UTV, BT, Digiweb, etc.

Advertisement