Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet VOIP Service

• 11-09-2008 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭

I notice a number of complaints in the other Magnet BB thread relating to Magnet Voicenet. I recently signed up for it but we haven't had our numbers ported yet. Have I made a mistake with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 mickelly

To be fair, the technology that they are using is very good. As a service model, a remotely managed VOIP system is a good idea. the Polycom handsets are also very good.

The problems I have had with Magnet are on the service side. they didn't complete the hardware installation (I had to do it myself) and then they didn't offer any instructions on how to use the handsets (I had to download a user guide off the Polycom website).

I called the lady in sales who had sold us the service and she basically told me to take a hike ('call the support number').

When the lines eventually transferrred the quality has been very poor. Lots of crackling on the lines. I don't know how to fix it and they don't seem to know either.

I couldn't recommend anyone to take up this service - it has been something of a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Cheers.

we aren't going for the full kit (ploycom phones etc) at the moment. Just an IAD to our existing PBX and keeping our existing handsets

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Just an update.

We've just migrated our company from eircom to Magnet and the service is very good. They must have resolved the initial problems and they were actually quite open about it in their sales pitch to us.

The customer service is a bit crap so far. For example, I did have an issue calling vodafone numbers - a +44 prefix was coming up. The support staff started blaming a third party company called Colt/BT and said they couldn't give me an estimated fix time. This made me so angry, as I don't care who's to blame - invoke your SLAs and get the thing fixed! They promised they'd call me back with updates, but of course they didn't. Another example of this is that our Account manager was away for the duration of this problem. I tried calling her, leaving voicemails and emailing her, but there was no message letting me know that she was on annual leave. Again, I was furious with them.

So, to echo some of what mickkelly said, after 15 days with Magnet the technology is great, but the customer service isn't as good as eircom

I'm on the Flip side of this, I actually had a few problems with the technology when we implemented it first, but they were sorted after 3 or 4 days. To be honest I have found the customer service good, and although you sometimes have to chase up things it's usually resolved to my satisfaction.

(I actually ended up going with the on site pbx)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

I'm glad everything went ok after the initial difficulties but if you have any outstanding problems please contact me and I can escalate it to the relevant people.

Is there anything at all left that has not been resolved?

• Advertisement

I'm glad everything went ok after the initial difficulties but if you have any outstanding problems please contact me and I can escalate it to the relevant people.

Is there anything at all left that has not been resolved?

Thanks Rory, but everything is going well at present. I have a good relationship with our account manager so I can contact her with whatever problems arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

We kept our existing Panasonic PBX when we went with Voicenet.

Now I want to open up our PBX to allow users at home to have their own VOIP handset and VOIP extension number on our system.

Can magnet provide this, still maintaining the original Panasonic PBX? If so, what's involved?

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

krinpit wrote: »
    We kept our existing Panasonic PBX when we went with Voicenet.

Now I want to open up our PBX to allow users at home to have their own VOIP handset and VOIP extension number on our system.

Can magnet provide this, still maintaining the original Panasonic PBX? If so, what's involved?

Thanks

Can you PM me your details and I'll get someone on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pbattino

Hello,

I noticed with big disappointment that Magnet is NOT giving me a phone line, but a VOIP service, as part of BB package.

So I still have the phone number I had before switching to Magnet, but the problem is that it DOES NOT WORK if the Magnet modem is not on or if the internet connection is not working properly (like in these days).

I cannot even place an emergency call.... which is quite annoying since I pay 25 € only for LINE RENTAL, let alone another 25 or more for the internet.

However, since the Magnet modem (Telsey) is in fact providing a VOIP termination, my question is:

Beside the ex-Eircom number, (01-6766... etc), how can I be called using a VOIP call directly?

in other (more technical) words:

Is there a SIP URI associated to my Magnet modem, that I can use to be called?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're already in contact with the Magnet rep in the Magnet forum, you should ask there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement