Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone get the demo of LIVE or PSN yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Have it on the D/L on the 360 at the moment, if I do buy it im considering the PS3 version though, due to the option file etc....

Then again, all my mates have 360s :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭pesireland

how long does it usually take for sony to update the PS store on the website??, im stuck in work atm, but i could download it here and throw it on my memory stick and just upload it when i get home then.

anyone know??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

They usually make PSN updates at 17:00. Try then.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The UK PSN is updated now, so if you create a UK PSN account, you could download it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Tauren wrote: »
    The UK PSN is updated now, so if you create a UK PSN account, you could download it now.

Are you sure its udated on the UK PSN? I cant find it anywhere??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A lot of people on the WENB forum i am looking at say it is there, that they have downloaded it, and played it. Maybe they are lying. I don't have a UK PSN account (might do one if PES2009 isn't on the Irish PSN when I get home) and I am in work, so I can't check myself.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/pes-2009-hits-psn/

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Danow247

Tauren wrote: »
    A lot of people on the WENB forum i am looking at say it is there, that they have downloaded it, and played it. Maybe they are lying. I don't have a UK PSN account (might do one if PES2009 isn't on the Irish PSN when I get home) and I am in work, so I can't check myself.

http://www.winningelevenblog.com/news/pes-2009-hits-psn/

Ah sorry Tauren i was looking at the UK Playstation Store website & you were saying it was on the Network! My internet isnt working at home so i cant download stuff on my ps3 at the moment! Its defo on the Irish PSN because my mate is at home downloading at the moment, i was just on the phone to him. Ill have to bring my playstation up to his later :)

Otacon wrote: »
    They usually make PSN updates at 17:00. Try then.

i'll be finished work at 5.00pm so i might aswell just wait and dl it when i get home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's pants

Nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I liked it.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

just got it on the psn,seems ok...its definitely different.
    My mind is def not made up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone get the PC Demo yet?
    Hearing differing reports on Evo-web.

I'd expect anyone that liked Pes08 to enjoy it, but I hated Pes08.
    I'm a die-hard Pes06 fan, and still play it fully patched. Will PES09 win me over?
    Hope to get demo later today or tomorrow and will report back!
    Fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have the demo on 360.

First impressions are that it's an improvement on 2008 anyway.

The slower frame rate problem seems to be gone and graphics are grand.

Have only played two player so can't really comment on AI yet but I think I'll probably be buying this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I have forbidden myself of reading any new post until I've played the demo. Downloaded about 80% of it so should be soon enough!

*leaves down PSP and stares at Download Management screen*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im 20% of the way through downloading

as far as im aware i have an irish PSN account and its there, though i had to go to All Games -> Sports and find pro evo down near the bottom

Its 1.5GB in Size so its hefty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wow. Played the PS3 demo. I hated PES 2008. Pes 2009 has now destroyed any cred this games series had :(

i doubt its that bad mate

bit of an over reaction surely

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not very good at all is my verdict.

The ball feels like kicking a ton of bricks. Stupid AI,**** keepers. Also the noise when making a pass is very annoying. Fifa it is,

this dl is taking forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

i doubt its that bad mate

bit of an over reaction surely

Overreaction ? Maybe a little :)

The menus are and music are better.

What is it about the sound of the ball being kicked though ? Sounds brutal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I've played both the 360 and the PS3 demo now and I'm not sure what to make if it yet.

On the plus side you need to use build up passing a lot more, gone are the days of getting it to a winger and R1/RB'ing your way past the side back before crossing or cutting in etc... The AI defence is a lot better.
    However...
    I know they had to tweak player reactions, but they seem to have dulled the responsiveness, I think it may be the animations (or lack thereof) but receiving the ball feels 'clunky', for want of a better word and thats even taking into consideration they've brought back the R1 control button (which I was a big fan of before it disappeared mysteriously). Passing also seems a little odd for me, sometimes just random directions occur nowhere near the player you intended to pass to.
    Dribbling is a lot different and will take a lot of getting used to, due to the tricks now being based on the movement buttons as well.
    Keepers, seem to do some strange things again unfortunately. They catch certian shots when the flight of the ball will match the animation perfectly, but they parry an awul lot again and even some shots that have little power behind them can cause the keeper to block it, but not catch it. I've conceded already from one such instance and I couldn't believe the keeper didn't just pick the ball up as it rolled towards him. :(
    Shooting, for those of you wondering, seems pretty much the same as 08, which was fine. The ball has a slightly different feel but they've not done anything radical here, which a lot of people will be happy with.
    The final thing I'll say about the gameplay is the dribbling and collisions etc... I'm not sure what it is but the ball does seem disconnected from the players (which is good) but sometimes it feels a little too disconnected. There are times when you are being challenged by a defender and you think the defender should easily take the ball off you but you end up coming out the other side with it, now this doesn't seem bad at the time and you dont notice it much, but when it starts happening when you're defending it begins to become a problem. I think this may come down to the lack of animations again, which unfortunately we're going to be stuck with in the final build I would think.

And yeah, the in game sound is absolutely awful. Hearing the players call and shout is a nice touch, but the ball sound effects and the chants are groan worthy.

I know all I've said so far seems pretty bad but it does seem to have a bit more about it than 2008. It's a bit more of a thinkers game again, patience is required to get the most out of it, rather than all out attack, which is possibly why a lot of people wont like it at first, because we've been trained to play PES that way for the last couple of years but it will probably grow on you the more you play.
    It's not an entirely new experience but I dont think anyone expected that, hopefully next years effort will see a lot more animations introduced and the niggley problems I already have with the game will be gone.

And finally, I have to say I think the PS3 version feels possibly slightly better to play, in case any of you are stuck with the problem of choosing. I think I'll stick with the 360 version to buy just for my friends list and multiplayer, but I would be tempted by the PS3 version as well... Maybe it'll be like PES4/PES5 and PES6 and I'll get both, haha. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Played the demo on ps3. Loved it, graphics and gameplay are excellent, alot better than 08. FIFA is rubbish imo so roll on 2 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

nice game..will be a joy to play the real version...not that excited but still good game 8/10 based on demo for gameplay alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

My first thoughts were that this wasn't the big jump up from Pro Evo 2008 that we needed, but the more I play, the more I like it. Its gone back more so to the old style, "thinking man's" Pro Evo.

I've wrote a bit of a review of it which you can view here if you're interested!

Lets remember its a demo, and its obviously old code, robinho is at real, frazier campbell at united saha at united etc etc

There seems to be more collisions more chance for interception in this game, the running with the ball seems a bit off, with your first touch even with ronaldo you seem to throw the ball away out in front of you and often get caught for possession

shooting seems ok but ive not hit the target from further than 30 yards out, scored one with messi from 25, peach, my brother scored a peach of a free kick.

I find defending a little more difficult but in 8 games conceded twice, so i guess its not all bad, cutting back seems a lot harder in this game, HURRAH

the first touch of the players is what worries me, they seem sluggish to turn even ronaldo seems slow on a sixpence

otherwise graphics much improved, menu's nice and slick, crowd are ok, i heard them chanting when the reds coming marching in with liverpool at home

no commentary, no in game advertising and annoyingly you have to watch the video at the end of each match to get back to starting another match (i just exit the demo and come back in)

its actually not a bad game because although it feels wierd, so has every new incarnation of pro evo, and the last 2 games i had with my brother were actually quite enjoyably action packed

tackling seems nice as you can tackle around the player to get the ball for last ditch efforts

also if your player set the game quality to world class, it helps improve the keepers somewhat
    crossing seems tougher to pull off than the last game
    the 5 second wait for the ref to blow the whistle for a free kick is more or less gone
    still invisible bubble around throws

passing short at goal kick seems to get you caught more often than not as again interceptions and the like are better, and dont even think of taking a defensive free with your keeper unless you plan to belt it, my brother learned that the hard way

overall interesting game i'll be interested in the final game when it comes out but i shant dwell on the demo too long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

the ball is too heavy, it's like kicking a lead balloon, and sounds like it too, leaning slightly towards fifa at this point but will wait till' full reviews are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

also if your player set the game quality to world class, it helps improve the keepers somewhat

First thing I did was turn both versions onto Top Player. The keepers still disappointed me. :(

ah its not quite a lead balloon, i had a lovely chip through ball by giggs on to rooneys left boot and he whalloped home a beauty

it does feel heavier but remember, the physics engine has changed, wet pitch, windy weather ALL affect the weight spin and distance the ball travels

im pretty sure it affects players too, the cant run as fast into a wind , balls carry longer if its windy

no real sign of the pass and have to press the L1 button to take control yet, so far it all seems semi auto as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Mmm...i'm not too sure about this one. Bad points for me include:

1. Ref's are brutal...nearly every free-kick a player got booked or sent-off.
    2. Players are very slow imo.
    3. As said above the ball is like kicking a lead balloon. Sounds terrible as well.
    4. First touches aren't great

Good points
    1. Decent graphics
    2. Like the r3 passing control thing

Thats about it!

• Advertisement

dar83 wrote: »
    First thing I did was turn both versions onto Top Player. The keepers still disappointed me. :(

in my games they got supremely better

some unbeleivable saves including a double save off the line when he had no right to save it, i couldnt beleive my luck

the first thing i would address are these two point

even the best players are inconsistent
    even the best players cant play brilliant for 90 minutes

keepers WILL make mistakes, even cech and given and van der sar
    if keepers were unbeatable the game would be called Nil All

inconsistency and mistakes are REALISTIC

Advertisement