Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've ever done???

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Caught my shin on the car door last night...big bruise this morning, coming up to the weekend and everything....sigh...

I'm very clumsy, always do stupid awkward things, they're usually painful too.

Most painful probably:

Catching my hand in a sliding door

Falling in a pothole splitting my knee and forehead open

Nearly chopping my thumb off.

Any of the rest of you have any clumsy painful episodes???

*piercings dont count;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

waits for the chorus of women going

CHILD BIRTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

jsb wrote: »

CHILD BIRTH

Ya, Thats the obvious one, I meant it more from the point of view of clumsy painful mistakes, like standing on a plug, falling into the fire that sort of thing!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Walked on a lego brick barefoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Closing a swiss pen knife on my thumb , the day before i started the Leaving cert, few stiches and i was grand , murder trying to write with it!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Got pushed over in the street, fell, fractured my hip and trapped a nerve.

Twas blinking agony :)

Also got in the way of a dog once being awkward, had the top of my finger (nail included) split in two.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I was shot with an arrow-that was pretty uncomfortable

(not as uncomfortable as childbirth though! :P)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Having Pneumonia 2 years in a row, and a repeated case of serious chest infections causing the left bottom bit of my lung not to function too good.

Breaking my neck.

Getting my knee caught on a pebble dashed wall at 4, getting my knuckles on my right hand caught on a pebble dashed wall about 3 years ago.

Waking up during a very invasive medical prodedure 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Getting a tattoo lasered off was horrendously painful. Like fainting with the pain nearly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

having a spinal tap!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Burning two of my fingers yesterday was pretty painful

Fish hook through my belly button also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Having Pneumonia 2 years in a row, and a repeated case of serious chest infections causing the left bottom bit of my lung not to function too good.

Breaking my neck.

Getting my knee caught on a pebble dashed wall at 4, getting my knuckles on my right hand caught on a pebble dashed wall about 3 years ago.

Waking up during a very invasive medical prodedure 2 years ago.

sweet jesus woman, just how borked are you:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Slighty, and I'm not going into the everyday crap either...:D
    Check out the location.

got a shock from an electric fence that was submerged in water before aswell.....OOOOOOWWWW.

Pebble dashed walls...the nemesis of any child.

Loladub, how'd you get shot with an arrow???

And Ginny Jo, how come you woke up during an op??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

CHILD BIRTH

Nope, falling and taking a chip out my knee cap.

I remember the fall and then blanked out, then hearing like a high pitched siren and everything being woosy and then hearing my mother's voice. The siren was me screaming in pain and the person with me rang my mother and it took her nearly 10 mins to get to me. World of pain does not describe it. My next door neighbour knocked in due to the screams and took my kids into her house. I am still sketch as to how I got to the hospital but thankfully when there I was injected with a painkiller.

got a shock from an electric fence that was submerged in water before aswell.....OOOOOOWWWW.

Pebble dashed walls...the nemesis of any child.

Loladub, how'd you get shot with an arrow???

well wasn't an op, was more a recon mission :D
    They took longer then they thought and the sedative wore off, I woke up crying with a screen of my insides in front of me and a nurse rubbing my hair, they wacked the dosage up again and I went under again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It happens, happened to me when I was a kid having my tonsils out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Josie_dub

Got my arm stuck in a radiator once.Wasn't so bad once it cooled down but was extremely painful the first 15 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

It was an 'accident'. EEjits don't know how to hold/point a bow and arrow without letting go. Some tosser pointed it at me acting the bollix saying he'd be my knight if i became a damsel in distress and then let go of the arrow

Getting shot from a gun wasn't an accident but thankfully wasn't as painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

Caught my baby finger in the car door when I was about 10. My poor father thought that I had just trapped my coat in the door so he opened it and it shut it again. Trouble was that I didn't have time to remove my finger so it got caught again. The memory of the pain and the spectacular womits that followed will never fade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

piercings dont count ;_;

Breaking my ribs, tried to do a backflip on a bouncing castle, over rotated and landed on my neck, body buckled on top... i was laughing about it but then i couldnt breath.

standing on glass , got between my foot and flip flops, had to walk to the super market to buy bandages, bloody flip flops and super market floor :eek:

breaking my fingers

freak accident, was canoeing in the ocean, bringing it back in, freak wave came and knocked me backwards into the canoe cutting the fúck out of my back.

dislocating my patella (knee cap) couldnt walk and worst of all just had to wait until it slid back into place

broken ankle is pretty damn sore too

quite unlucky it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Well, my tattoo was an hour of pain, but wasn't accidental. So accident wise, i would say closing my thumb in a car door. As in the door was actually closed and i had to open it to get my thumb out. I thought it had to be broken but it wasn't. It hardly even bruised which was strange but it hurt like hell. Couldnt feel anything first. That was over a year ago and it sometimes still hurts a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭laurak265

CHILD BIRTH

And you made that comment because?? Do you think its a lie and not that painful??

Oh and broke most of all my toes in a gymnastics display at about 10/11.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    It happens, happened to me when I was a kid having my tonsils out.

The new anaesthetics machines make the likelihood of this happening very rare nowadays. Im in theatre a lot and have never seen it occur, but then it depnds on the procedure.

Broke both bones in my lower arm playing football.....that was BLOODY painful;)

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Oh and broke most of all my toes in a gymnastics display at about 10/11.

JEBUS!!! you've been thru it m'dear!!

Wasn't a full anaesthetic was only a sedative, one of those you're asleep but not, and I most definitely was not:D
    Yup I am the clumsiest person in the world:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Slipping on Jeans which were drying on the radiator and catching my hand on the radiator just between my baby figer and ring finger. I tore something or other and still have no visible knuckles in my hand to this day. It looks sort of floppy, and I never type with those two fingers.

Getting my ears pierced at the age of 8. I asked to stop after the first one and my dad said I had to get the second one done. I promised myslef there and then that i would never unnessarily shove things through my skin ever again.

For something that wasn't me being silly, and which I think acutally hurt less, broke my wrist in a car crash.

(There have been lots of stubbed toes, and trapped fingers and about once everything 3 months I fall over and scrape/cut/managle my knee caps, which was fine at 5/8/12, at 20 it's ridiclous)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Had a whopper of a cyst on my ovary that burst, that hurt, then childbirth...that was a bitch..accidental, fell out the attic when snooping for presents, whacked my head...that fooking hurt. Stepping on a plug barefoot tho...ouchie.

I think really bad toothache is the worst tho.

LadyE wrote: »
    Had a whopper of a cyst on my ovary that burst, that hurt, then childbirth...that was a bitch..accidental, fell out the attic when snooping for presents, whacked my head...that fooking hurt. Stepping on a plug barefoot tho...ouchie.

I think really bad toothache is the worst tho.

Ditto, the cyst, had two HUGE ones before, brought on peritonitis, not fun!!

Never done childbirth, I fell thru my attic earlier this year, as in thru the ceiling....that hurt!!

Had an abscess in my tooth in January, man that was sore!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Not accidental, but the most pain Ive ever felt was having a couple of yards of cotton wadding removed from inside an open wound while I was awake. Had two nurses 'holding my hands' but they were actually stopping me whacking the doctor. Had the same procedure done every day for two weeks. Kinda raised my pain threshold.

Advertisement