Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've ever done???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

skelliser wrote: »
    having a spinal tap!

bejaypers!!!

do they not numb you at all doing those?

they sound bloody horrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Went playing paintball, played a stupid game, got machine-gunned from close range. Had 25 halo bruises the size of my palm across my body. THAT hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

ntlbell wrote: »
    bejaypers!!!

They can't, not directly into the spine.

I had one and they suck balls.

Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

laurak265 wrote: »
    And you made that comment because?? Do you think its a lie and not that painful??

You mean it's not and it is?

Get outta here!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Dragan wrote: »
    They can't, not directly into the spine.

I had one and they suck balls.

Seriously.

Do they numb anywhere before they do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

ntlbell wrote: »
    bejaypers!!!

the intial pain isnt so bad but it is the must uncomfortable thing ever,the pain comes later in the form of a headache which lasted 3 days!
    the headaches got so bad that i was in tears, im tellin ya, it almost broke me!

they numb the area with a small local, skin deep really, but thats it, you also have to curl up into a ball to give the greatest seperation between your vertabre,
    the syringe is a good 3/4 inches long and the doc doesnt hold back gettin it into ya!!

like standing on a plug

I did this once:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

Having the mumps and the left side of my face swelling out about 2 and a half inches.

Breaking my fingers playing basketball.

Standing on my borthers warhammer in bare feet, the pain is unreal. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

stood on the large belt buckle and the pin of the belt pierced straight through the heel touching the bone!!! Fu…………….kc!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

DubArk wrote: »
    stood on the large belt buckle and the pin of the belt pierced straight through the heel touching the bone!!! Fu…………….kc!!! :eek:

*shudder*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I sprained my ankle really badly this time last year (and it's still giving me lots of trouble) I know it sounds like nothing but it had swollen to the size of 2 tennis balls on either side of my ankle. I was running down the stairs of Donegal castle and landed arseways on a step. The pain was mighty, I honestly thought I had snapped it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Walking downstairs yesterday morning, must have grown slightly during the night or something cos whackedmy head of the ceiling. Nice headache.

Had a cigarette thrown in my eyes once, ash burns and is quite uncomfortable.

had an operation on my big toe cos had a very bad ingrowing toe nail. someone thought itd be hilarious to stomp on it. There's no pain like it, piercing pain shot up through my foot, into my spine then into my head. could feel it move through my body, horrible feeling. Shocking bad headache as a result.

fell off my bike when i was younger, wasnt wearing a helmet, landed on my head. The right side of my head swelled to epic proportions, couldnt stand up, if i did I would puke. Was brought to the hospital and was there for close on a month, almost died. mad shtuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Some of my more painful moments:

Was running to catch the T and fell, falling hard onto my knee caps, both of which were completely covered in huge bruises for a month following.

Back in the good old days when I was a gymnast, I dismounted the balance beam and made the terrible mistake of landing with my legs and feet perfectly together. Upon the force of impact of landing, my ankles smashed into each other with such force that it split the skin open on one of them. I didn't actually realize this until for about 15 minutes. I had been hobbling around, trying to "walk it off" and happened to look down to see my ankles and calves covered in blood. For years, I had a scar on my ankle from where the skin split open.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'm circumcised.. At 6 years old too, nuff said!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Had to witness childbirth, and also listen to the 'Basra detention centre' sounds from the adjoining labour rooms.

My selfish partner only let me have a few toots on her gas as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Had the nails ripped out of two of my fingers right down to the root.

Moral of the story, don't get your hand caught on the hinge side of big heavy spring doors. It was 4 years ago and the nails still haven't recovered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

As a kid I was always getting myself into painful situations, I tried to cycle my bike along a wall and do a ramp on the end. Didn't get the handlebars up enough, landed on the front wheel and had a trip to the hospital to explain why my groin was swollen up like a football.

Another time I was walking to a friends and slipped landing in a bunch of thorns/plants and a stick went through the top of my eye. Doctors reckoned a half inch lower and I'd of been blinded.

Since then it's mostly been sport injuries, broken ankles, ribs and noses, dislocated elbows and torn cartilage injuries etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Ear and throat infections (you wouldn't wish a bad ear infection on your worst enemy) - all you can do is lie on the couch and groan for a week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm feeling slightly nauseous after reading all of these :O

The only thing I can think of to make anyone wince is this - accidentally slitting my right nipple open in the shower with a razor - didn't even notice til I saw the blood pouring down my belly & legs then I made the fatal mistake of standing directly under the hot water to wash it off :eek::eek: Ouch!

Other than that, doing an unintentional somersault on my racer bike as a kid, landing on bare legs & arse (I was wearing a skirt) and ripping the arse off myself quite literally along the road :(
    I'va caught a finger in the car door too as a kid - unreal pain but I seem to remember getting no sympathy cos there was no blood or obvious trauma on it! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

(i know it doesnt count) BUT

try stretching nipple piercings :pac: or even getting them pierced
    you will then know some intense pain

catching a hot iron, ouch

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I forgot some, being dropped down 2 flights of stairs and landing on your head, and miamee reminded me, cutting a mole while shaving, sweet jesus!
    Now I'm going home to wrap myself in cotton wool.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Caught my thumb in the boot of the car when I was about 12/13.

Ruptured the patellar tendons (the bit that holds your kneecaps in place) in both knees. At the same time. Have actually ruptured these a total of 5 times, 3 on the right leg, 2 on the left, but the time they both went together was by far the most painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Left some hair removal cream on my bikini line too long.... never had pain like it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Broken nose, looked nastier than it was though. The removal of cast and stitches was worst.

Fell on to a stairs, knee first and moved my patella, whole thing swelled and trapped fluid and a nerve.

Burned my wrist in two places when I got my arm got clamped in my hair straightener.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Upon the force of impact of landing, my ankles smashed into each other.

That is so painful. I did it constantly when learning a new step at ballet, even the slightest knock was sore!

Again from the ballet, I have a cracked left knee cap and the top of that leg is misaligned with the bottom. It can be grand for two years and then the unholy pain returns! I was so upset when I was 15 resting from ballet for six weeks!
    Physio sorted it out and hasn't been a problem in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Slipped on steps outside last year in uggs, broke my arm and hurt my back real bad still have a lump on it. Worst fall ever...

As a kid.. my aunt had just moved into her new house no carpet on the stairs I fell going up the stairs and busted my nose open, blood everywhere!

Oh also when my sister threw a platform shoe at me messing and broke my nose had black eyes for ages. I remember my mam saying I told you to go to hospital i think i was about 12...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Moonspell

Burnt my leg in a motorbike exhaust pipe.. the pain is just unbelievable, specially when you are biting your tongue not to let anyone know how dumb you have been doing so..

Hamstring tendon rupture, the pain is excruciating, and I have an high tolerance to pain. Was in tears... feels like a really, really, sharp knife stabbing in the back of the knee.

Rupture of thigh muscle, another excruciating one.

Broke the clavicle falling from a table.

Probably have a few more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Having Pneumonia 2 years in a row, and a repeated case of serious chest infections causing the left bottom bit of my lung not to function too good.

Breaking my neck.

Getting my knee caught on a pebble dashed wall at 4, getting my knuckles on my right hand caught on a pebble dashed wall about 3 years ago.

Waking up during a very invasive medical prodedure 2 years ago.

Poor you...

Especially that last one...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

six jabs of a needle into my foot (boyfriend says the doc bent it right in!)

2nd to that, getting waxed in Viet Nam.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Ouchy ouch ouch - some painful experiences in this here thread!

I had my nose broken playing basketball 3 years ago. My bfs forehead hit my nose and CRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! Blood everywhere, not even kidding!
    That wasn't the painful bit though (although it wasn't exactly nice either!)
    Went into hospital a week later when the swelling finally went down. Doc took one look at me, and without even so much as a freakin solpadine (or warning for that matter!), he grabbed hold of my poor wee nose and snapped it back into place!

Most painful experience of my life though, was getting stung by a jellyfish - oh my life...words cannot describe the pain! It was like thousands of super sharp needles going in and out of the skin on my whole leg for hours!! Thought I was going to pass out :(

Advertisement