Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most painful thing you've ever done???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

in an accident, 2 prolapsed lumbar discs 2 slipped discs, 2 dislocated hips, sweet jeez

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

cAr0l wrote: »
    2 weeks ago, my aunt tripped over her mat, fell out her back door, ripped one side of her face open, and broke her 2 elbows!!!

crikey.. I'll never look at a mat the same way now.. , sounds very nasty

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

when I was 7 I broke my arm at school playing handstands. When I went in to tell the teacher about my arm she told me to take my chair off the table and sit down. (we used to put our chairs on the table at lunchtime - with heavy schoolbags on them too!) I did and screamed in pain. Evil teacher!

A few years ago I cut my foot open on some glass on a Thai beach. I was plastered at the time so didn't really feel the pain. But the next day I went to a nurse to sew up my foot. She used an anaesthetic but it didn't work! I could feel every stitch going through my toes - all 9stitches. It was agony

No offence to any women who've had kids but the worst pain I've ever felt was period pain as a teenager - I used to vomit it was so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

I think one of the most painful things that I have done was when I was about 12 I had a verruca which was sore enough, but believe me, when you stand on a piece of lego with a verruca it is absolute agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

emy-87 wrote: »
    I think one of the most painful things that I have done was when I was about 12 I had a verruca which was sore enough, but believe me, when you stand on a piece of lego with a verruca it is absolute agony.
    did you stand on it on purpose.

do you mind me saying isnt 12 a bit old to be playing with lego. Is thats what your embarressed about and well you should be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

CDfm wrote: »
    did you stand on it on purpose.

do you mind me saying isnt 12 a bit old to be playing with lego. Is thats what your embarressed about and well you should be.

You're never.....ever too old to play with lego.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

most painful thing i did was stretch a 6mm hole in my septum

dont know if this counts

the hangover I had the morning after being at the birth of my son:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Slipped and reached out for the burger grill in my part-time job as a teenager. Scars to this day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

most painful thing was when i was 14 and i fúcked my knee up during a camogie match. ankle twisted one way, knee twisted the other, landed in a heap, and then, emm.. .continued playing the match for about 40mins, pure adrenaline buzz, once the final whistle blew, i collapsed in a heap and had to be carried off the pitch. was about 4 or 5 years before i lost most of the limp, but still have massive hassle with it, which kinda sucks for someone whose life used to revolve around sport...

still though...got me into music! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

most painful thing i did was stretch a 6mm hole in my septum

Jesus, you're doing well to be alive. How'd you manage that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Amelia14

Dislocated my arm two years ago and it keeps coming out of place every few weeks, so sore, just have to wait for it to slide back in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dislocated a bone in my foot during a karate class when I was 15, then put it back into place myself. Almost fainted with the pain while putting it back into place, but felt much better afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭gingerhousewife

watna wrote: »
    You're never.....ever too old to play with lego.

Standing on lego is bad...but have you ever KNELT on a bit of the stuff??? Yeeeouch!!!:eek:

Standing on lego is bad...but have you ever KNELT on a bit of the stuff??? Yeeeouch!!!:eek:
    Women dont know the meaning of pain. Have you ever seen your team loose a football match.

Always thinking of the physical never the metatorsal pain of the soul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SHUNT#89

Slipped during a match and sprained my wrist, played on hoping the pain would wear off but no joy.Had to take a throw-in and couldnt throw it properly and everyone started shouting at me:o They didn't know i hurt my wrist.Went to the doctor after and she said it was fine, i missed a big Cup match that weekend because of it and had to do my Construction pratical with it still in a bad way...

Was on my first Moto-X bike on my uncles tarmac laneway going up and down and left it to late to brake so had to brake hard,front wheel slipped out on wet leaves and i scraped all up my arm.

Getting down from one of those big containers/changing rooms my runner fell off so i tried to pull myself back up,i slipped and slit my wrist right beside the vain.Blood went everywhere on the way home and now i get funny looks when people see the scar:(

Playing with the hurls on the beach with my cousin and he couldn't hit the ball at all, then he caught it lovely and hit me in the crown jewels, collapsed with the pain and hurt for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

-2 spinal taps

-Shattered ankle - twisted all the way round, put back into place without pain killers - bone scrapping against bone is not nice!!

- Woken up during two operations

- Broken jaw

- Drove myself over an hour to a hospital after breaking my wrist (left - gear changing wrist!!)

- Stood and knelt on lego

runningman wrote: »

- Stood and knelt on lego

I didnt know there was such a thing as lego fetishists - but yer all posting here tonight

I guess its embarrassing to admit to it but isnt there a support group you can go to rather than this lonely posting on unrelated threads.

The trick Ive heard is not to feed your addiction- clean the lego out of your house and say to yourself from now on no more lego.

Stay away from places where lego is sold like toyshops and the like.

For god sake - no Argos catalogues. I heard of a lad from Navan who got an Argos catologue in the post and it was terrible it was. He has a lego bed now and his girlfriend wont sleep with him.The eejit bought her lego lingerie in the wrong size and she thinks hes cheating on her.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

For the hardcore fans there is the Lego forum. We really do cater for just about everyone around here. :)

thats really awful

I was down in Howth today and went into a shop and ordered a 99

the lady who was quite muscular proceeded to put on latex gloves

I didnt know if I was getting an ice cream or a body cavity search.

Strange place Howth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Ok there is a guy holding out here... at least one of you has had to of caught your bitsies in your zipper... hands up?

And, touch wood, not had too much go wrong with me.. Gall Stones, now that fcuking hurt like hell, thought i was going to die. But i did bear witness to something that was the most horriblely sore thing ever.... Picture it...

Late 80's, big snow.. a father brings his 5 kids to the local park that has a great hill for sledging. The eldest girls goes down the slope on the sledge, but unfortunately forgets to stop and goes over the edge and lands square on a shopping trolley that had been left in the river.... her darling younger brother runs.. not to her aid but to get the sledge and have his own run down the hill, and on doing so and at some speed, runs his older sister over. She gets hit across the shins and goes up into the air and lands again on her arse!

She was in bed for two weeks and i swear i still lollersnort when i think about it, now just guess who the brother was?

Jules wrote: »
    Ok there is a guy holding out here... at least one of you has had to of caught your bitsies in your zipper... hands up?

I think we can take it as a given that every guy has done that at some stage. Damn nasty it is too.

Do we have to post if its about dating aerick girl?

Id rather not.

CDfm wrote: »
    Do we have to post if its about dating aerick girl?

Id rather not.

What's aerick? :confused:

Limerick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

In a former life as a fast-food employee I was getting a basket of fries out of the fryer when one of the silver vent covers from the over head extractor came crashing down, lodging my hand in the still on deep-fat-fryer. It took about 5 or 6 seconds to get it off...I thought I was going do die!

The hospital was the other side of the dual carriageway so I literally ran across to it, to be left in A&E with my hand in a tray of water from the ladies loos for about an hour or so. The worst pain was it healing; I won't go into it but gruesome doesn't even begin to describe and I had to live with a plastic bag over it for a week or so while the skin came off.

Now though after some plastic surgery so I don't look like a swamp creature, I am pleased to say it's all better, and changes all sorts of wicked colours in cold weather lol. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Happened to me when I was but a little kid, but as far as I remember, it didn't hurt much, just a pinch. I guess it's down to how forcefully you pull up your zipper though.

Had some fair auld painful things happen in my time, if the ladies don't mind me chipping in on their forum...

Broken ribs on two seperate occaissions, it hurt every time I took a breath. A large metal gate came down on my foot, breaking a bone, that hurt like hell. Got my head split open with a rock when I was a kid, requiring reconstructive surgery on one of my ears. Injured my knee a few years back, which wasn't to bad, but I clumsily injured it a second time by falling and landing on said knee, the bruise the next day was incredible, my entire knee went black! Really nasty. Got my one and only piercing torn out at a concert, which prompted me to never again get another.

There's probably more I can't think of right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ellscurr wrote: »
    In a former life as a fast-food employee I was getting a basket of fries out of the fryer when one of the silver vent covers from the over head extractor came crashing down, lodging my hand in the still on deep-fat-fryer. It took about 5 or 6 seconds to get it off...I thought I was going do die!

That's awful.

I worked in a similar place when I was in college. A lad working beside me was draining out the chicken fryer thingy, and was something blocked. He shoved really hard with a metal rod, the blockage gave way and his hand plunged right into the oil. Must have only been in there a second or two but the screams out of him..

Have done. It's sore, but as KH said, it depends on how hard you pull the zipper up. Getting kicked (or hit with a ball) in the nads is probably worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

Had a tooth taken out when I was about 12, a big bástard of a molar, took half an hour to get the whole thing out n the anaesthetic wore off about 15 minutes in.
    still, had to sit there for 15 minutes feeling everything, completely still

horrible horrible pain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Nope, falling and taking a chip out my knee cap.

I remember the fall and then blanked out, then hearing like a high pitched siren and everything being woosy and then hearing my mother's voice. The siren was me screaming in pain and the person with me rang my mother and it took her nearly 10 mins to get to me. World of pain does not describe it. My next door neighbour knocked in due to the screams and took my kids into her house. I am still sketch as to how I got to the hospital but thankfully when there I was injected with a painkiller.

Exact same thing happened to me although I was plastered drunk at the time, woke up crying in pain the following day saw my knee & fainted. Amazing how being inebriated kills pain.......

Advertisement