Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much can you download on NTL before you get a letter?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what you can download before getting a letter from them,
    100gig
    200gig
    300gig >? more?

I'm on the 10MB (so called uncapped) package,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jack222

NeVeR wrote: »
    Just wondering what you can download before getting a letter from them,
    100gig
    200gig
    300gig >? more?

I'm on the 10MB (so called uncapped) package,

Go outside more

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

3.7mb

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

who says i do be inside when the downloads are running?... you dont need to watch a download when it's happening !! Oh your new here.. 6 posts

Just so you know... You dont need to watch you screen when downloading, thats just a Tip for yourself ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nobody except NTL or somebody that has received a letter in recent months can answer this, I'd imagine it depends on network load and who's takibng the piss.

Your package is uncapped but it still has a fup.

jack222 infracted for acting the muppet!

Cabaal,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Take a look at the discussion in this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055361456&referrerid=59211

A couple of posters said it could be as high as 500GB but as Cabaal points out, we won't really know that for sure until people start going over whatever the "fair use" cap and start getting warning letters - if a few users get them, that should give people an idea. I'm pretty sure I was over 100GB last month so I'm certain the limit is higher than that - when they were going to upgrade the 6Mbps users to 12Mbps, they had posted a cap of 120GB so the fair use is at least as high as that, if not higher (but by how much?...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

I'll have a read of that,

Reason i'm asking is since i got my torrents unblocked i'm been getting carried away with downloading... Sometimes 20gig a day,,,, I'm gonna stop tho

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm guessing it isn't a fixed amount.

I guess it is based on if other customers on your node are suffering from congestion caused by you.

Which is fair enough IMO.

Advertisement