Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Brake Pedal tool

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have been looking for a tool to keep the brake pedal pressed down while checking brake hoses for bulges.

Something a little more advanced than a stick would be nice!

Have done a google search and I mostly get the description of a patent for what I want.

So manufacturer, price and a place to get it would be mighty!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I used half a patio slab and found it pretty effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

I used half a patio slab and found it pretty effective
    Not just that professional looking though :)

Anyone?

I have been through the Sykes-Pickavant, Draper, Britool and Facom catalogues and unless I am blind it aint in any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's called a wife/girlfriend, isn't it?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

get yourself one of these. Extremely expensive though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

baten to it by Alun

Alun wrote: »
    It's called a wife/girlfriend, isn't it?
    Ha ha.. think it would be cheaper to go all out and get snap on to make me one!

Its for a Test station, if it was for myself i would just use a tube and a vicegrips under the steering wheel.

The lazy sh1te who works in the garage and whos job it is to supply tools and the like wont do the leg work and at the moment we only have one that has been robbed out of our camber/caster kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've seen them use something like that at the NCT test centres when they put the car up on the ramps at the end. I'm not sure whether it's actually for the brakes, or whether it's just something to lock the steering wheel in place, but it might be worth asking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

There you go, sir:

http://www.ate-info.de/prod_detail.asp?cat_id=1&site_lng=en&inBestNr=760032&artid=29

(on the German site the price is 61.50 Euro)

Thats exacty what I want it for, it puts pressure in the brake system to check for bulges and holds the car/van still while you use the shaker plates..

I suppose I'll prob just have to go and ask them where they get it. Its prob MAHA, and they are not afraid to charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

What about this or this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭VH

what doe the NCT guys use? they check the brakes when the car is on the lift and they use a tool like that

That second one is ideal.

Thanks... will get on to him tomorrow

Advertisement