Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poll: Boards guild name

• 11-09-2008 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

dunno if this is to early, or what... but after reading through the other topic, there are 1/2 few guild names that some people liked, so palce your votes :P

if there was any i missed, or even if you wanted to suggest one or 2 more that arent there that might be good post in here.

Boards guild name? 30 votes

Twisted Puppeteers
    0%
    Wolves of Calla (from AoC)
    3%
    zekiel 1 vote
    Boards of Chaos
    6%
    super_furrydeath1234567 2 votes
    The Scions of Malal
    6%
    MaximilianDapperGent 2 votes
    Cry me a RvR
    26%
    Rev HellfireTuskySpearhairyhereticwidebandb0bsquishbubonicusSinister 8 votes
    Super Friends
    56%
    DeVoreNemesisDa BouncaIvanjaggehStatic M.e.Exar KhunMac daddytoxickStringKiithThE_IVIAcIVIAIVhumanjiR0otWreckNehaxakwhatduck 17 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

Super Friends
    guessing from the people voting on the poll the choices are good, and noting else has come.. i guess after we get a guild name, we need a leader... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭hairyheretic

Cry me a RvR
    Are we planning to have an Order Guild as well, or just Destruction for the moment?

I've seen a few people at least who've expressed a preference for Order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Boards of Chaos
    toxick wrote: »
    we need a leader... :P
    The leader is good the leader is great, we surrender our will as of this date. :pac:

Just found out I won't be able to play until 25th of september at the earliest because my new PC has been delayed (again). :mad:

Super Friends
    Are we planning to have an Order Guild as well, or just Destruction for the moment?

I've seen a few people at least who've expressed a preference for Order.

well the majorty of boards seem to be favouring Destruction at this time, however if there is a big enoug hamount of people wanting order, i dont see why there would be a problem.

question is would the order be on the same server so we can fight each other? or on another so we can be in there guild as well... ect ect

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,487 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Cry me a RvR
    toxick wrote: »
    well the majorty of boards seem to be favouring Destruction at this time, however if there is a big enoug hamount of people wanting order, i dont see why there would be a problem.

question is would the order be on the same server so we can fight each other? or on another so we can be in there guild as well... ect ect

Only chars from one side on each server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Super Friends
    I guess it's too late to suggest "Super Friends"?

Might keep that one for the Order guild.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I gotta go for Wolves of Calla since i named out boards guild :)
    I quite like some of the others though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Cry me a RvR
    humanji wrote: »
    I guess it's too late to suggest "Super Friends"?

Might keep that one for the Order guild.

Its never too late.

Super Friends
    cheers Rev for that :)

seems Cry me a RvR is winning so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cry me a RvR
    Cry my an rvr is funny but you dont really want the name of your guild to be a joke, do you ? I think its silly and the funnyness of it will wear off fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Cry me a RvR
    Yep nothing worse than a joke that out stays its welcome.
    Though as funny names go 'cry me a rvr' is up there with the best of them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Cry me a rvr is v good for what it is. I like seeing guild names like that during play. You look at em and think "lol, funny" but as for making one with that name, meh.

I'm all for putting an Irish word in the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Cry me a RvR
    Did anyone actually listen to the song lately, its terrible. every time we login i'll be hearing it :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXITtnqE8Q
    have a listen and think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Super Friends
    I can feel my hetero levels dropping, just thinking this, but I actually quite like the song...

Still, the guild name has little to do with it, its the play on words... I think it suits the warhammer universe and general quirky humour perfectly. That and it's REALLY, REALLY, funny :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

wideband wrote: »
    Did anyone actually listen to the song lately, its terrible. every time we login i'll be hearing it :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXITtnqE8Q
    have a listen and think about it.
    Thats terrible!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

The Scions of Malal
    Tusky wrote: »
    Cry my an rvr is funny but you dont really want the name of your guild to be a joke, do you ? I think its silly and the funnyness of it will wear off fast.

Agreed, With a guild name like that everyone will assume you are 12.

Ivan, shame on you sir.

Super Friends
    Tusky wrote: »
    Well the thing is, people will see it and remember it. Other guild names are easily forgettable. The funny ones get notariety. It's a pretty clever pun, too. And every one loves puns, don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Cry me a RvR
    Cry me a RVR is funny...but do we want people singing it on vent/whatever every 5 minutes...I know I will. Sing it that is :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Super Friends
    If cry me a RvR wins I'm buying the game.:)

But I'll have to 'pretend' its not like WoW..yes dear..it isnt anything like WoW.......

Super Friends
    b0bsquish wrote: »
    Cry me a RVR is funny...but do we want people singing it on vent/whatever every 5 minutes...I know I will. Sing it that is :pac:
    I'd like to petition that b0bsquish isn't allowed into the guild. :p

• Advertisement

Super Friends
    Seems like Cry me a RvR is the most popular with The Scions of Malal coming second..

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Super Friends
    Avatars of Cromcruach (for that irish flavour)
    Gael Force (sounds like an Irish nationalist party)
    The Car Bomb Brigade or The Car Bombadiers!

Decay

The Dogs of Warhammer.

I voted "Cry me a RvR" but I kinda agree with the idea of not having a joke name.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Super Friends
    cry me a RvR

sticks in the head, and it will annoy our enemies as the song will play in their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Cry me a RvR
    humanji wrote: »
    I'd like to petition that b0bsquish isn't allowed into the guild. :p
    My singing is great!!
    Actually no thats a lie.

I didnt vote for cry me a rvr at the time, but it is going to stick out, and we might as well have a laugh with it.

Advertisement