Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEBS..Major hair issue...I need help

Options
  • 11-09-2008 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I think I have posted this plea everywhere...I neglected my hair whilst I was in hospital...Hence I now have these thick dread like knots really close to my head...I didn't loose my hair whilst I was ill so I really do not want to cut it short...My debs are next week...Should I bow to the inevitable and cut them out myself or go to the hairdressers ( are they equipped to deal with such things????? ):(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

Maybe give the hairdressers a ring or call in in the next couple of days and explain the situation and see if there's anything they could do or if they'd have any advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

Maybe try a leave-in conditioner to loosen up the knots, and soak your hair in lukewarm water, then try to comb them out gently. If you really don't think you'll make any lee-way with getting them out yourself then try a hairdresser - they might pull the head off you trying to brush the hair out, but they'll probably have dealt with dreads and things before. Ring several up before you pick one and explain your predicament.

I'd say with a combination of a trim, treatment and teasing out the knots that your hair will be lovely on your debs! Don't stress about it, it'll work out!

EDIT: I just googled it there, and it seems that taking out dreadlocks requires a bit of patience, but it's done easily enough. I'm sure tough knots close to the scalp pretty much follow the same pattern - you must try to pick apart each individual knot slowly, and loosen out the hair. It will take time but it will free up the hair from the knot. After picking apart the knot just comb it through. When you've finished all the knots, I'd really advise getting an intensive mask hair treatment on your hair to repair any damage.

Enjoy your debs, hope it's brilliant for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

get a wig:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Get dreads put in the rest of your hair and, as they say, "rock the style".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Insanesomeone

Dont stress at all! You can wash knotted/ naturally dreaded hair back to normality with a bit of patience. If you deciede to wash em out and not get it cut drop me a PM and I'll send you on proper instructions on how-to. Much to lazy to go to the bother if your just going to get it cut! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

Hey :) Thanks sooo much everyone...My Granny paid a visit and brought the scottish banshee comb ( she showed no mercy :D)...My scalp is bloody sore but I'm almost tangle free...Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ah lovely, have fun at the debs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yay well done, was gonna post a load of advice on detangling hair (my hair is very curly and I had this battle for 15 years until I cut it shorter) but you seem to be sorted out, well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Beatrice

Thankies again...Yes I'm totally knot free and mellow :D grandmothers RULE !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Have a lovely time!! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement