Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ski - Brocures

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Any1 know when the new ski- brocures are out? Thinking of going into the city to check budget travel at lunchtime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RectalWareZ

Got the panorama, crystal & Top Flight 1. Dono if there is any other 1's. Man, Prices are steep this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Are you just using the brochures to get an idea of where to go or to book a full package ski holiday?

I would highly recommend you book everything yourself and cut out the middle man, you will save yourself some dough!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've been getting plenty of emails from various operators that I've used over the years trying to flog me next years deals so you should be able to findall the same stuff online. There are a few operator wbsite links in the FAQ at the top, if you know of any more then let us all know though.

robinph wrote: »
    I've been getting plenty of emails from various operators that I've used over the years trying to flog me next years deals so you should be able to findall the same stuff online. There are a few operator wbsite links in the FAQ at the top, if you know of any more then let us all know though.
    any chance you forward them on to me. Reason im going with brochures is the person coming with me does all her hols that way. If i was going alone i would just hop on a plane and make my way to the resort my self!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think I've probably deleted all of them after having a quick gander at them if I'm bored. They don't contain anything different to what you'll see on the front pages of the webpages for any of the operators though and are generally just used as reminders to people to think about booking.

You might be best just printing off the "special offers" pages or whatever from a couple of the operators and showing that to the other person so that they then get to look at the pretty pictures of people having fun in the snow and pretend its a brochure. ;)

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    Think I've probably deleted all of them after having a quick gander at them if I'm bored. They don't contain anything different to what you'll see on the front pages of the webpages for any of the operators though and are generally just used as reminders to people to think about booking.

You might be best just printing off the "special offers" pages or whatever from a couple of the operators and showing that to the other person so that they then get to look at the pretty pictures of people having fun in the snow and pretend its a brochure. ;)
    thanks, i'll try that. Looks like im heading to either Norway, Sweden or Finland. Cant find any info on sweden though??

Never done Scandnavia myself, but I know it is expensive for alcohol and I belive that they are a bit lacking in height of their mountains compared to the alps if that may be an issue for you. Although having just done a few smaller mountains in New Zealand now, when compared to the size of EU resorts, I did almost actually get to like the smaller places.

Advertisement