Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on deer liscense

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

Well,strike two this morning.My NPWS lic arrived.So that will be off now with my application[2nd attempt] for my deer rifle.:D
    Just want to know; Is this NPWS lic now a permenant lic or does it have to be renewed /applied for every year with landowners permission,etc.Or is it just reapply with the details on the yellow form?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

Reapply every year with the permission currently dated and signed,its a pain in the arse going around finding the farmers to sign every year, it should be every three years or someting, well wear with your new license!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

keep the folio number the same aswel as the farmers premission
    otherwise you will find it will take longer to recieve the licence when you renew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I remember the when I went for the centrefire rifle permit, the guards wouldn't process the application without the stalking permit. I presume it was the same in your case Grizz?

Anyway, I rang the NPWS who had received my stalking permit and got them to send me a letter stating that they had received my application and all things going well, I'd be issued my stalking permit. Off I went into the local boys in the station again, letter in my clenched fist:D. I gave the gard I was dealing with the letter and she started to hum and haw by saying technically it wasn't a stalking permit. I gave her a bit of the auld Jonty charm and said "Ah sure send it into the super and let him do what he wants with it" and me thinking to myself if she says no, she'll get the other "legal" side of me. I.e. she'd be told that the gard at the desk has no right to refuse an application- its down to the super. anyhoo the charm worked!!! no need for an argument.

The reason I did this was because it was the month of May and I knew that NPWS would not issue my permit till august and there was no earthly way the gards in Laois would have a permit for me in a month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

Yes every year, permit and permissions and yes it is a pain.

I try to make it easyier by dropping them to the door of the farmer and including a self adressed envelope! As sika stalker says I have a spreadsheet where I keep all of the folio numbers for each farmer and put iit on the permissions each year. As we know it takes time for all of us to go looking for those important documents :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭jimbo 22

Im in a similar predicament as Jonty

Waiting on a my first center fire lisence

I sent the letter from the npws saying i was going to be issued the lisence in August - this was in JUNE

So off i went to the station clasping this letter along with the fire arms application

Talked to the super and said therer was no way would he process the application without the stalking permit

So from my experience the letter from the npws was worth the paper it was written on.

So i wated till August for the stalking lisence to come through and then sent it in my application

Still no word back six weeks later:mad:

How much longer can i expect to wait???

Time is ticking:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Sorry to hear that Jimbo.

I'd say I got lucky with the super here.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

I had the same crap when I applied first time around - was waiting at least 6 weeks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Thanks Guys,question answerd.:)More tearing around every July in store for us then.This should be brought up to date as well,like every three years,like the proposed FACs?:rolleyes:.Anyways they say 3rd times the charm.:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement