Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoned Sound system

• 11-09-2008 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have setup as shown. It falls short as I want to pipe sound to kitchen area. I have 2 x 2 pair wires to from the kitchen to sitting-room.

I would like to have the options to listen to music in either or both zones at the same time. Music sources are: SKY Radio stations, Laptop via USB wireless transmitter (ALDI), CD in the Sony player.

The Sony box has 2 Aux inputs used for TV and MP3 reciever.

Also with TV, if i head into kitchen I would like for the sound to follow me with the push of a button - say listen to the news while cooking. I don't want a seperate TV in the kitchen. Also it'd be nice to have option to kill the tv sound in the sitting room if there was no-one there or if they didn't want to hear the news if for example they were reading or doing an airfix :o

Happy to spend more to get the job done. Note all the MP3s are on a laptop so if there is an option for better house sound systems with storage please advise.

The sony DAV-S400 is dated but still good - I am not an audio nerd but would change if arguements were good.

Oh - i do not have the speakers in the kitchen yet so I need to buy them too - what do ya reckon sound buffs ?

All input welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭axton1

Hi Burdburd,
    you don't say what kind of sony box it is ? is it an seperate surround amp ? does it have an A/B speaker switch ?

There are a few different ways to solve your problem, but sound quality and price concerns will dictate which way to go.

I think we can solve this issue pretty quick.
    give me some more details about the amp and I will get back.

tl
    axton1

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

Thanks for that.

The sony DAV-S400 is a basic / early surround sound AMP & DVD combo. It does not have an A/B switch. It has 2 Aux inputs currently used for TV and PC

Appreciate it is how much do you want to spend ...what do you recommend ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭axton1

burdburd wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

The sony DAV-S400 is a basic / early surround sound AMP & DVD combo. It does not have an A/B switch. It has 2 Aux inputs currently used for TV and PC

Appreciate it is how much do you want to spend ...what do you recommend ?

Hi burdburd,

I think there is not much power from that av unit so :
    if you don't want to replace it the simplest way I think is a manual switchbox for speakers /
    2) ir repeater for your remote (so you can control the unit from kitchen)
    3)a sensitive pr of speakers and a pr of wall brackets

There are other ways but if you can pm me and I wil give you a contact no as we we could e-mail back and forth etc

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭burdburd

thanks for that -

Advertisement