Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Trade Insurance

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi

Im in the process of working for myself (mechanic).
    Cheapest quote i got was for 3K,just road risk,full time.As its my first year and im 24 they don't seem to interested in giving a decent quote.

Does anyone here have trade insurance,if so who do you recommend....already tried Quinn Direct,ARB and O Reilly Cullen.
    Im trying to keep costs down as start up costs are so high so any advice would be good...thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

I have a part-time trade policy with ARB through John Power in Limerick. Im 31 and paid €1591 this year (when I was 30). It also specifically insures sports/high performance vehicles which are normally extras with other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭drver1

I'm 18 and pay €6500 for fully comp trade policy with quinn's

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭alo1587

I have a part-time trade policy with ARB through John Power in Limerick. Im 31 and paid €1591 this year (when I was 30). It also specifically insures sports/high performance vehicles which are normally extras with other companies.

I didnt think they offered part time trader policies? Sounds good.Do you need a vat number? Sorry to hijack your thread Son.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try St. Pauls/Travellers insurance co.

Jardine Lloyd Thompson are agents for them:
    www.jlt.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Was with ARB for the last four years last year for myself and buissness partner we paid just over €2000 for road risk they wanted nearly the same this year.

My broker shopped around and got us a policy for just under fourteen hundred euro with ST Paul or whatever they call themselves now.

Those quotes sound like a rip off to me when we started out the most we paid for insurance was five grand that was premises equipment buissness interuption faulty workmanship among other things.

If you want my brokers details PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Il try St Pauls and see what they come up with.

@Martin,thanks il see how i get on then get in touch.

Its ridiculous money for just road risk.'€3k was the cheapest' so far.Then on top of that i have to get insurance for tools and public liability etc.It seems way too much,if i could get it for around €2k-€2.5k id be a little happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

I rang JLT but the guy on the phone didn't seem to have a clue :rolleyes:
    Instead he offered me some sort of open drive policy whereby i insure my own car with them and it allows me to drive other peoples cars.....waiting to hear back from one or two other places.

Advertisement