Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

crome pedals

Options
  • 11-09-2008 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Got an alfa 156. Was thinking of putting a set of chrome pedals on it. Are they wOTth doing? Is is hard to fit them? And have they ever caused anyone trouble, like getting caught on carpet, or are they too large for the foot welL?

ThaNKS,
    m

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

i presume they would become slippery when wet and also, wouldnt look a bit tatty in a any car! Not really worth doing in my opinion. Relatively easy to fit. any pedals will get caught in a loose carpet, make sure your carpet doesn't sag in any areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Wouldn't bother myself. Given how often you'd probably be getting in to the car with wet feet its only a disaster waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Yeah, try going for some more subtle modifications maybe. Although, I think the Alfas are built about as good as you can get.

Had an all too bad experience with slipping on pedals yesterday.. landed parallel parked beside a bus stop in the wrong direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I got a set about two years around from Argos a fast and furious set for my Punto:D To fit them you had to drill two holes in each pedal:eek: Needless to say i passed on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Larger peddles make sense if you like to heal toe.

There is a British safety guideline on the spacing between peddles. Im not sure what it was though and best of luck finding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Larger peddles make sense if you like to heal toe.

There is a British safety guideline on the spacing between peddles. Im not sure what it was though and best of luck finding it.

Think that was on the pack of pedals i had. Cant remember what it was tho

Advertisement