Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up - Aldi Winter Gear Next Thurs (18/9)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

should be able to exchange them no worries. the cashier said to the lad in front of me that if his jackets/shirts etc don't fit just bring them back, they're covered by the 30 day guarantee...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

went into the Rathfarnhan store this evening and everything but the gloves and shoes were sold out!!!!!!!!!

Ill hope that somewhere else isnt as popular with cyclists.

I was told if the jackets and stuff doesn't fit to come back within 2 weeks. Hrm.

Picked up some socks, gloves, and I managed to find the last winter training jacket (which fitted me!) so I'm happy enough. Would have liked some overshoes though, the only sizes left were the tiny ones. If anyone *happens* to find some size 11 overshoes, I'm sure something can be arranged :). There were plenty of the shoes still there (Rathmines - didn't feel like going any further), didn't check the sizes though (but they felt heavy).

To top it all off I picked up three bottles of Liebfraumilch. Not on special but it's tasty and at €3.99 a bottle what can you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

i went at lunchtime. got my bits, got to the counter and WHAM, they dont accept credit cards :-(

Wasted my lunchtime getting there. Hadnt got time to get to an ATM which was miles away anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

I picked up a fair pile of stuff out in Maynooth. It was still pretty well stocked (about 5pm) The cycling trousers were gone but there were plenty of jerseys, jackets, waterproofs, gloves and overshoes and shoes. Got the thermals as well, love wearing them on cold days. Didn't even consider getting the shoes, but I don't need them so I'll wait for report on if they're any good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Got socks, trousers, gloves and hats/overshoes in Arklow this evening.
    Its a pretty quiet store so was no problems getting stuff or trying it on. The jackets were very tight across the shoulders I thought and would be very very sweaty so stayed clear.
    Given how busy the Arklow store is (not!!) should be plenty of gear there up for grabs for anyone with an inclination to drive or spin down there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,373 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

wouldnt let me buy my 2 bottles of cava cos it was before 10:30am (completely forgot about the new law) seemed to be plenty of gear in letterkenny didnt now there was that many cyclists up here you rarely see them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Bambaata wrote: »
    i went at lunchtime. got my bits, got to the counter and WHAM, they dont accept credit cards :-(

Wasted my lunchtime getting there. Hadnt got time to get to an ATM which was miles away anyway
    They do accept laser cards though

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Seemed to still be a good bit of stuff in Tallaght when I went in at 8 last night. Got a winter training jacket, overshoes/cap and a pair of gloves. Most of the wetgear they had though was in smaller sizes. They also didn't seem to have overshoes bigger than 8/9, but I bought them anyway and they fit my size 10's, huzzah!

I bottled out of buying shoes. I've a wedding to save for so I couldn't justify buying a second pair just in case my main pair got wet. :) I'll see how the overshoes serve me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

I think every cyclist on the Southside bought the Day-Glo yellow rain jackets. While I was out for a run yesterday evening every second cyclists who passed me had a nice new shiny jacket on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Bambaata

unfortunately i dont have one. i'll be getting that sorted now anyway! how often do repeat bargains resurface with aldi?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Like a numpty I bought a pair of shoes thinking they might be ok although I'm a size 7. Of course they're not - the only shoes you want to be tight rather than loose, and I don't fancy wearing 2 pairs of socks to use them.
    If Aldi don't take them back, anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I bought one of those Day-Glo Yellow jackets.

Very bright indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I learned my lesson from trying to buy waterproof trousers previously and went in yesterday at 9a.m. Had the pick of everything and got well stocked up.

Advertisement