Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling back in the day....

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Dude, never mind Chyna, you actually sat through Waltman getting his rocks?:p

Vile as that sounds, it's still ten times easier than sitting through a Matt Hardy match.

DAMN, I'M SOOOOOO BAAAAAAD!
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Vile as that sounds, it's still ten times easier than sitting through a Matt Hardy match.

DAMN, I'M SOOOOOO BAAAAAAD!
    VR!

Burn.:rolleyes::P

rossie1977 wrote: »
    the big boss man in midcard on ppv boring us to tears

I liked Boss Man! :mad:

I liked Boss Man! :mad:

He was pretty good in his first stint in WWE, even when he was close to the 400lb mark in 89, he was still one agile motherf*cker for his size. But his second stint was hard to watch.

VR!

I didn't think so. I laways liked him. I actually prefered 'corporate' boss man to be honest. But everyones different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I didn't think so.

Name one good match from his second stint.

This is were you talk about a bossman character that you liked and Rovert will just dissagree with you no matter what.

VR i am stripping you of the king wrestling verbal diarrhea and giving it to Rovert.

This is were you talk about a bossman character that you liked and Rovert will just dissagree with you no matter what.

Sorry Rovert, but its so true.

VR i am stripping you of the king wrestling verbal diarrhea and giving it to Rovert.
    Sorry Rovert, but its so true.

God you two don’t get it all do by saying what I said I’m agreeing with VR that Bossman in his first run was pretty good. On a side note he was great in MSW and NWA before that as big Bubba Rogers. Sorry if I didn’t like the red as beetroot, boring as **** heart attack on legs days in the late 1990s. Both of you have not given me one good match in his second WWE stint. Both of you come across more negtiave than you perceive me to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

rovert wrote: »
    Yep is it neither here nor there. You aren’t 6' 10", 48 or have a 17 inch rod in your leg

You don't know that!:)

• Advertisement

Both of you come across more negtiave than you perceive me to be.

We still love you Rovert

We still love you Rovert

Are you actually going to add anything to this thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Anyone remember the bossman/big show angle?

Where he hijacked shows father's funeral?

My god. That was morbid. nothing in comparison to what happened in later years (katie vick, torries dad).

But i think i was about 12 when i seen that and even then at an established age i (buying the kayfabe of course) i was shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I seem to recall there was an episode of Smackdown where he was at a buffet bar and he ends up humping a chicken or something like that. Truly bizarre stuff. Triple H and Katie Vick's corpse had nothing on this.
    VR!

Better yet was when he came out as Tazz's mystery partner in a tag match on Raw, complete with "Real American" as his music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He was pretty good in his first stint in WWE, even when he was close to the 400lb mark in 89, he was still one agile motherf*cker for his size. But his second stint was hard to watch.
    VR!

Worst part of his last run was when he teamed with Booker, talk about a odd/cr*p combo.

One thing i always say in his defence about his first run in wwf is the fact he was so young coming in, 25 i think, not too many youngs guys came in and became one of the top heels like that in 80's WWF.

Are you actually going to add anything to this thread?

About as much as you :D

Reported

Stop trying to start something with me.

Bossman was great but he did have the worst Hell in a Cell match. It was terrible. I was quite enjoying him debut Bull Buchannon but that went nowere in the end .
    Big show Bossman thing was not good either. The whole Father thing the wwe trying their shock story lines again with no real affect.

I love going back to the twin towers days also. As a tag team they really were not the greatest but they are remembered quite well.
    I always remember the bossman Earthquake fight in the UK. I remember Bossman coming off the top ropes for a cross body and earthquake caught him.
    Earthquake another great preformer. The story lines were great, Killing Damien , knocking Hogan out for months with Tugboat asking fans to send in letters .
    Then hogan comes back kicks his ass. Tugboat is angry and becomes Typhoon to form the Natural Disasters . I tell ya great story lines :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Lads im getting a pain in the arse dealing with all the back and forth on this. I'm going to start handing out week long bans if this bitchery continues.

• Advertisement

Why do all threads started going like this at some point, :(
    It's ridiculous

Why do all threads start going this way :(

He came back into this thread to insult me and ever since then this thread has gone this way. As others have pointed it was a good thread which Id like to think I had an input in but Dre still took the opportunity to insult me thus derailing this thread. Dre, I to have to ask you was this thread better or worse after post #108?

Aaaand back on topic.
    Dre hit it on the head as to why Bossman's second reign was far from memorable. The Kennel from hell match was one to forget, and Bossman feeding Pepper to Al Snow, Russo's idea of b-movie comedy that just didn't wash well at all with the WWE audience.

Now Boss man in WWE from 88-93, now yer talking good feuds, as Dre pointed out with the Twin Towers (Bossman and "One Man" Akeem), but even after that, his feud with DiBiase was decent, just too bad it never got the blowoff it deserved. And his long feud with Heenan resulting in him mowing every member of the family. That was worth watching alone just to see Heenan get his. :)

VR!

Cant we not let this drop or at least take it to PM?
    VR!

Rovert, are you referring to myself or Dre here?

Dre, I was referring to you by accident. I edited everything except the "you." Sorry, I got confused :).

Everyone enough with the personal attacks.

Ok back on topic.

Dre, I was referring to you by accident. I edited everything except the "you." Sorry, I got confused :).

Everyone enough with the personal attacks.

Ok back on topic.

Cool man, im taking mothers advice on here and doing the whole "if you cant say anything nice....."

Annnyway.

Wonder what would wrestling be like these days if wwe hadn't have bought out wcw and ecw.

Of course, it was inevitable.

But just wondering what if....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

lol I had completely erased NAKED MIDEON!! from my memory until it was mentioned here. That was unpleasant for all concerned.

EDIT: Rovert I wasn't being sarcastic yesterday.

Cool man, im taking mothers advice on here and doing the whole "if you cant say anything nice....."

I hope that this isnt direct at me I didnt start this.
    Wonder what would wrestling be like these days if wwe hadn't have bought out wcw and ecw.

The same as it is.
    Spike440 wrote: »
    EDIT: Rovert I wasn't being sarcastic yesterday.

Cool, it was that what you wrote was somewhat open to two different interpretations. No biggy.

It would have happened sooner or later. WCW was haemorraging money left right and centre in it's last couple of years. How WCW had survived for a further two and a half years surprised me, I'm certainly surprised that it didn't happen sooner. Bischoff didn't care, because he was spending Turner's money. Turner didn't care because he was spending his shareholders money.

ECW is another one that should have ended sooner too. Heyman may have a brilliant mind for the wrestling business, but unfortunately for him, ECW and their fans, he didn't have a business mind.

What killed WCW? Bad management.
    What killed ECW? Bad management.

Simple as, really!
    VR!

Spike440 wrote: »
    lol I had completely erased NAKED MIDEON!! from my memory until it was mentioned here. That was unpleasant for all concerned.
    nakedmideon.jpg

:p
    I hope that this isnt direct at me I didnt start this.

Nope not at all you, but mainly others who seem to just say something smart or funny to, as you put it, "derail the thread".

I just dont think its fair to the majority of us who just wanna talk wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

nakedmideon.jpg

:p

Dude, NOT COOL!!:mad:

• Advertisement

Reported

Stop trying to start something with me.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Poor Mideon really went nowere did he . The worst thing is he will always be remembered for Naked Mideon .

In saying that what about wrestlers being remembered for the wrong reason ......

Shock Master ....

What killed WCW? Bad management.
    What killed ECW? Bad management.
    Simple as, really!
    VR!

This is true and i hate the way WWE talks how they bought up the competition. They were not competition when they were bought. ECW was dead when Vince baught it . WCW was on its last legs when Vince bought it .

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Dre please stop:

bombidol wrote: »
    Lads im getting a pain in the arse dealing with all the back and forth on this. I'm going to start handing out week long bans if this bitchery continues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Spike440

nakedmideon.jpg

:eek::eek:
    There should be a rule against posting that. Specifically that.

All that therapy down the drain...

Advertisement