Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing and camping around Waterford

Options
  • 11-09-2008 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,

I have seen on the irish surfing spots (found here ) , that there is few breaks around waterford.
    I'm thinking of having a look to the surf there in few weeks.Does anyone can advise on what is the best spot there for surfing and camping ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Surf around the south is generally very inconsistant.

IMHO your best bet would probably be Bonmahon bay but be careful there can be a strong rip there.

I think theres a camp site there but if not theres some cliffs/hills above the beach where you should be okay to camp.

If you want ot be closerto somewhere with night life then go Tramore but the surf there is even worse generally. If i'm not mistaken though camping in the dunes at tramore is prohibited, the dunes are protected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 surfin

there are about 3 campsites in tramore as far as I know so should be able to camp there and surf Tramore or if you have a car Bunmahon is about 10 mins drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

you could camp at annestown on top of the castle/kiln thing. the surfing is supposed to be ok there too

Advertisement