Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

premier league 13/14/15 sept

Options
  • 11-09-2008 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

thinking of doing the following:

man united
    arsenal
    west ham
    chelsea
    everton

all away wins, just have a feeling about united and if torres and gerrard are doubtful....??

arsenal should beat blackburn now fabregas is back, however going to think about it a bit more because arsenal have a history of bad results after euro away nights and internationals

west ham will be all out to impress their new manager

backing chelsea because of the odds, man city may have millions in the bank but robinho prob on bench, and chelsea should have too much for them imo

everton could be dodgy, but cahill could be back, and i think stoke will be found out soon...they dont have the players

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

for the weekend i have

Newcastle
    Arsenal
    Barcelona
    Athletico Madrid

not all from the prem i know!

but there are some american football teams in that accum too, (packers, chiefs, cowboys and steelers) so its decent odds

dunno if ill do a just prem only coupon this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Torres and Gerrard both apparently fit. Liverpool at 11/5 (bruce betting haven't checked others) just too big to miss. I know they've been shocking against united recently but this is serious value imo!
    Also might do City vs Chelsea as can be backed at over 3/1, and shall be opposing Newcastle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

badbrian wrote: »
    Torres and Gerrard both apparently fit. Liverpool at 11/5 (bruce betting haven't checked others) just too big to miss. I know they've been shocking against united recently but this is serious value imo!
    Also might do City vs Chelsea as can be backed at over 3/1, and shall be opposing Newcastle.

just read that about gerrard and torres, might have to rethink my bet....pool are a different team with gerrard in the team.. still dont think pool will win but less confident about united, perhaps draw/united

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Are you two mad? I wouldn't touch that match with a barge pole nevermind back Liverpool to win???

My selection is looking like:
    West Brom v West Ham (Great value at 15/8!)
    Wigan v Sunderland (Not great value at 11/10 but I fancy them)

30 double returns 175ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Are you two mad? I wouldn't touch that match with a barge pole nevermind back Liverpool to win???

My selection is looking like:
    West Brom v West Ham (Great value at 15/8!)
    Wigan v Sunderland (Not great value at 11/10 but I fancy them)

30 double returns 175ish.

I'm not being smart or nothing but if Wigan are not value in your opinion why are you backing them?

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    I'm not being smart or nothing but if Wigan are not value in your opinion why are you backing them?

Absolutely agree. Also agree with the original point that it seems poor value and have backed the draw in this game.

So the money is down.
    Liverpool 11/5
    Man City 4,6
    Wigan Sunderland Draw 3,35
    Lay Newcastle to win 1,73

All singles. All likely to lose me money

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

dsmythy wrote: »

Was thinking about this over and over and you're right. I'm just having a straight single on West Ham.

I find Sunderland a very hard team to predict but can still see wigan winning it.

Good luck to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I've gone 6 folds on -

1 W Bremen v Cottbus (Backing W Bremen @ 1.26)
    2 Rangers v Kilmarnock (Backing Rangers @ 1.23)
    3 Portsmouth v Middlesbrough (Backing Portsmouth OR The Draw @ 1.27)
    4 Panathinaikos v Panthrakikos (Backing Panathinaikos @ 1.12)
    5 PSV v Sparta Rotterdam (Backing PSV @ 1.16)
    6 Lyon v Nice (Backing Lyon @ 1.4)
    7 Barcelona v Santander (Backing Barcelona @ 1.28)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Probably being daft here but threw €50 on United -1 at 11-2. Heres hoping Berbatov has a dream United debut!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Derby V Sheffield Utd @2.5 could be good, Derby have not won a game in a year, the Blades have started thier season pretty well.

Blackburn v Arsenal + 2.5 goals @ 1.90 looks good - Rovers have been beaten by Arsenal at Ewood more times than than any other team

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

utd now look grt value @2.9 geton notorres/gerrard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Had Tevez first goalscorer @ 8/1, thought that was great value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Two great wins for myself
    • Free wincast bet with PP and The Star for the Liva/ Utd match-Babel and Liverpool win-40 euro.
    • 10er treble on Ebanks-Blake, Zaki, and Defoe to score at anytime-I'm due back 215e.:D

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I've gone 6 folds on -

1 W Bremen v Cottbus (Backing W Bremen @ 1.26)
    2 Rangers v Kilmarnock (Backing Rangers @ 1.23)
    3 Portsmouth v Middlesbrough (Backing Portsmouth OR The Draw @ 1.27)
    4 Panathinaikos v Panthrakikos (Backing Panathinaikos @ 1.12)
    5 PSV v Sparta Rotterdam (Backing PSV @ 1.16)
    6 Lyon v Nice (Backing Lyon @ 1.4)
    7 Barcelona v Santander (Backing Barcelona @ 1.28)

Lyon just nicked a win in the last minute so now all I need is a Barca win. They're 0-0 at half time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    10er treble on Ebanks-Blake, Zaki, and Defoe to score at anytime-I'm due back 215e.:D

What sort of brain would think up that sort of treble? (translates as damn my brain!) :pac:

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    What sort of brain would think up that sort of treble? (translates as damn my brain!) :pac:

Mike.

Biding your time chief, that's what it's all about!:D Defoe, Zaki and Ebanks Blake to a lesser extent have shown their goal scoring form.:)

So the money is down.
    Liverpool 11/5
    Man City 4,6
    Wigan Sunderland Draw 3,35
    Lay Newcastle to win 1,73

All singles.

Nice weekend's work. 3 outta 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Nice weekend's work. 3 outta 4.

eh you might wanna count again?!
    newcastle lost.
    city lost.

eh you might wanna count again?!
    newcastle lost.
    city lost.

I think he meant that he layed Newcastle, so that means he took a bet on Newcastle to lose. Maybe I'm wrong though.:pac:

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I think he meant that he layed Newcastle, so that means he took a bet on Newcastle to lose. Maybe I'm wrong though.:pac:

Yes I laid Newcastle to win so a draw or an away win were both winners for me. For a team that were so abject last year and in disarray this year I felt it was the value.

• Advertisement

Yes I laid Newcastle to win so a draw or an away win were both winners for me. For a team that were so abject last year and in disarray this year I felt it was the value.

i dont get that??? newcastle to win.they lost. so you win???:confused:

am i reading it right??

i dont get that??? newcastle to win.they lost. so you win???:confused:

am i reading it right??

I bet against Newcastle to win. Betfair. You either back for a result or lay against the result. I laid Newcastle winning. They didn't win. Therefore I won :).

exactly,if you don't understand betting newballs, no point in coming on here and getting smart.

I bet against Newcastle to win. Betfair. You either back for a result or lay against the result. I laid Newcastle winning. They didn't win. Therefore I won :).

i get ya now.

shut up thedini i wasnt trying to be smart

i get ya now.

shut up thedini i wasnt trying to be smart
    telling him he might want to count again:rolleyes: but know i can see u weren't being smart

Come on lads, keep it civil.

He didn't understand, it was explained, so leave it at that.

Advertisement