Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What online games are you playing?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Just wondering what kind of online games are out there, i have been playing some flash games but i'm getting bored. I tried looking at some other sites like webkinz.com and miniclip.com and i really like it, but want some more sites to play. Any sugguestions!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

when you say "online" games, most people here will assume games like Counter Strike, Unreal Tournament, Halo... etc

A great online game I play if I have a few minutes to burn is Tactics Arena:

http://www.tacticsarena.com/play/

You play against real people, if you play for free you will only be allowed to play 1 game and then you'll be kicked out. But you can just log straight back in again. It's just a nuisance to make you want to get a gold account (which gives you more playable characters)

A very good online game and very easy to get a hang of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Currently rekindling my love/hate relationship with Battlefield 2. Also play Eve (3 sodding years come November).

For cool flash games check out Bubble Tanks 2 and Motherload. Those should waste a few hours for you :) It's tough to come across decent flash games to be fair. You're better off (if you have a decent computer) to buy decent games and go online with them.

If you're also into more cerebral stuff then yahoo has a decent games section where you can play chess etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Up until a few days ago it was mainly Team Fortress 2.

But now its the Warhammer Online Open Beta Test, and I be addicted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Up until a few days ago it was mainly Team Fortress 2.

But now I'm staying on campus accommodation and the ports for steam are blocked (:mad: :() .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    But now its the Warhammer Online Open Beta Test, and I be addicted :(

How's it looking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I play Day of Defeat : Source. Great game, but haven't fired it up for a couple of weeks due to lack of time.... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mostly the Source games -> TF2/DoD: S

Audiosurf considered a online game? It's got leaderboards? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tekken 5, because SCIV won't let me take it online.
    Goddamn Ubisoft...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Zillah wrote: »
    How's it looking?

Probably not the best person to ask as I am a massive WAR fanboy :D But it is good, has a fair few bugs but most I have seen in other MMO's that have been released and had a few years to try fix.

RvR is a blast, was never really into it due to 56k + games = :confused: and Order tend to be outnumbered a fair few times, but if get 2 even groups in a open world battlefield objective the fun really starts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

world in conflict :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

TF2
    QuakeLive

Used to play Quake 3 and Trackmania Nations (Forever) quite a bit...

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

http://fantasticcontraption.com/ is my favourite online time killer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Street Fighter 3, 3rd Strike. Online. & ****ing loving it.

(you can play it using 2DF for those that are interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Soul Calibur IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

TF2
    DOD: Source
    COD4
    Battlefield
    Insurgency Mod

Also trying to give SOCOM beta on PS3 a bit of love... but it's hard to love it. Very hard...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Battlefield vietnam ,yes its old but i find the maps in it are the best or the battlefield series and it doesnt have that annoying f2000 in BF2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I'm playing the "ignore the original post completely" game... Seems to be popular around these parts.

That and Unreal Tourny 3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I agree with tman, screw the OP,

css, warcraft III/dota.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 vic19

Just wondering if anyone plays on Nickelodeon site...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Back playing Trackmania Nations Forever - it has its claws back in me again!!!

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

all is quite online at the mo 360 wise, playing battlefield bad company.. maps are boring at this stage, releasing a game with 8 maps is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

yet, im playing BF bad company like a lunatic.... I think its savage!

there are new maps on the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 creepinshadow

Hey, i'm stuck in school on a computer that doesn't have adobe flash player, and i cant install it without admin privileges has anyone got a link to any non flash games? would appreciate the help. thanks:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Hey, i'm stuck in school on a computer that doesn't have adobe flash player, and i cant install it without admin privileges has anyone got a link to any non flash games? would appreciate the help. thanks:D

oh god, I only looked at the avatar n thought I had posted that and was seveerly confused....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Online Flash Portal

http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/

Addictive but not as good as the 3D version but still fun.
    AS for the person in school , go do some studying ya lazy sod and leave gaming to the people in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

never played BF2 or most BF games (bar the ****ty console ones)

I'm playing

TF2
    COD4

Have alot of RTS games i haven't played online cause well... i think i'm **** at that genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

never played BF2 or most BF games (bar the ****ty console ones)

I'm playing

TF2
    COD4

Have alot of RTS games i haven't played online cause well... i think i'm **** at that genre.

If you never played BF2 on the PC you missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

dav nagle wrote: »
    If you never played BF2 on the PC you missed out

Missed out on:

Jump in a tank.

Swish boom, insta death from above.

Okay... hardly a setback. Respawn.

Swish boom. Death from above... Just because.....

Right..... Try again Respawn. BOOM BOOM BOOM Arty strike incoming. Dead again....

******Connection error. Punkbster failed to authenticate******* you have been kicked.

WTF? I played all day yesterday on this server.

Reconnect...

********Disconnected Punkbstr: Reason: Corrupt packet flow or failed handshake or just I'm a contrary piece of annoying software*********

What's a corrupt sodding packet flow??? Search google. Find punkbuster links and do some jiggery pokery and reconnect.

RIght. Spawn and CRINGE!!!! nope... no plane dropping bombs or artillery strikes and I'm still alive.

A helicopter! Someone has beaten me and is the pilot but still cool. I'm a gunner!!! All the enemy will DIE DIE DIE Oh why are we flying in circles??? Why are we upside down and heading for the ground????? Boom dead. **** pilot :(

Respawn.

Aagain wait for instant death..... Nope Still alive and I still haven't killed a thing and I've been online for ages now.

Look a baddie with a handgun standing right in front of me!!!!!! *Sounds of screaming and automatic gun fire as you get carried away firing* Not a single shot f'ing hit him??? Baddie does a ridiculous jump into the air straight into prone so looks like a special forces superman and one shot and bang. Your dead.....

*throw mouse against the wall and disconnect*

30 mins later reconnect cos amidst the crap is a good enough game that keeps you coming back for a while at least.

BF2 I hate it.... I love it...... I hate it.... I love it.....

(edit, can you tell I'm bored in work?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hehe

i might buy BF2 then. played CS today. God i'm terrible at fps since playing xbox 360 for so long. spawn and buy weapons. Run to door. Headshot and dead. Didn't even see enemy.

Repeat Repeat Repeat and then i left the server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Played Halo3 last night, forgot how good it is. Sick of COD4. I'm looking for a good RTS game to play online (C&C3 maybe), but I only have a Mac. Roll on Starcraft 2.

I've a copy of WOW in the attic. It can stay there.

Advertisement