Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to buy a chair?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a comfortable chair, I have posture problems and the current chair I use to sit at my computer isn't great. I can't afford that much though(nothing over €80). I was hoping for an office chair maybe, but one I don't have to put together myself(Delivery preferable, but I can get a Taxi). Needs to be in the city centre though as I really need it for today and probably won't be going outside it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

:|

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I can't think of anywhere that would have suitable stock, but at the same time I feel compelled to point out that the last time someone asked this kind of question it was quite funny, although arguably not all that helpful...

That wasn't helpful no.

I don't want one rom argos as you have to put thoe together yurself.

I' looking for a prebuilt officey kind of chair.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

That wasn't helpful no.

I don't want one rom argos as you have to put thoe together yurself.

I' looking for a prebuilt officey kind of chair.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that a 5-second Google search was beyond you...

Seriously. "Office furniture cork ireland" as search terms into Google, first hit after the sponsored ads gives me this crowd who do pre-assembled office furniture including a range of chairs that may or may not be suitable to you. I kind of hope they aren't, just so that I haven't encouraged or rewarded your laziness.

Why exactly do you expect people on this forum to jump up and immediately answer your question if you're too lazy to spend a couple of minutes doing basic research yourself?

They're not located inside Cork City if you'd have bothered to read. I have googled, and I have walked all over town. "Few minutes basic research" my arse. If you can't be helpful, then both bother.

• Advertisement

They're not located inside Cork City if you'd have bothered to read. I have googled, and I have walked all over town. "Few minutes basic research" my arse. If you can't be helpful, then both bother.

Well, given that:

a) you posted yesterday saying you "really needed it for today", and
    b) nobody else having offered any suggestions, and
    c) you didn't bother to mention that you'd actually looked around the city and were unable to find anywhere suitable,

I thought you might be willing to contact a company with potentially suitable products outside the city centre, and checking if they could deliver to your home.

If you prefer to sit (uncomfortably, one would presume) on your high horse while whingeing that someone else hasn't sorted out your problems for you, do feel free to carry on.

You are one massive **** boy. As is anyone who goes on about "WHINGING".

I'm sorry, clearly I've misunderstood and replying to this thread means that I have undertaken a contractual obligation to solve your problem to your satisfaction.

On the other hand, maybe you're being reactionary and misdirecting your frustration towards someone who has offered you a solution to your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

jees a lot of attitude going on here eh...
    fysh, maybe greet new members to this forum with some sort of pleasantness.:rolleyes:
    and to op, Atlantic homecare maybe, i think they deliver.
    I actually have an office chair you can buy off me. its 'assembled' but just needs a new cover on the seat! if your in urgent need of one.:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

if your still looking for one and don't mind waiting for the delivery u could try www.viking-direct.ie they have a bunch of office chairs and even some nice leather exec chairs for €39
    Fysh wrote: »
    I'm sorry, clearly I've misunderstood and replying to this thread means that I have undertaken a contractual obligation to solve your problem to your satisfaction.

On the other hand, maybe you're being reactionary and misdirecting your frustration towards someone who has offered you a solution to your problem.

lol! thats brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

They had really nice ones in Super Valu for €39.99 just this past week.

My dad bought one in the store in Midleton but worth a try if there is one local to you, they might have them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

jees a lot of attitude going on here eh...
    fysh, maybe greet new members to this forum with some sort of pleasantness.:rolleyes:
    What new members?

OT: try O'Brien Office Systems - down by the Clarion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The op or is this mods stick togetgher night???

Yeah, it's "mods stick together night"...

Seriously though, the OP is on Boards since October 2007 - how can an 11-month membership be new?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

It was a new person to the forum is what was meant.... pointless talking....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

New to this particular board?

It was a new person to the forum is what was meant.... pointless talking....
    It's not "pointless talking" just because I disagree with you/genuinely misunderstood the "new members" comment :)

And the OP's posts/threads on the Cork City forum go back to when they registered.

Oh yeah and the OP is extremely likely to be Rozie (registered February 2005)... ;)

The op or is this mods stick togetgher night???

I don't know what you're talking about. It's been well established that there is, in fact, no Mod Conspiracy whatsoever. Move along please, citizen.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Fysh if you are going to come to this forum, Please behave yourself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement