Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Looking for a new car... (4-6k)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I think if a car has been well looked after, and properly serviced, then mileage is just a number. The only real impact is on the percieved value. One of the guys I work with has a '01 Passat TDI Sport 130 with 160k (miles) on the clock and its running like a dream. Apart from regular consumables (tyres, brake pads etc.) and servicing, it hasn't put a foot wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

a bmw 1990

i dont know but they were the must have when they were new

would think of it more of an enthusiasts car rather than one to drive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

Strange, enthusiasts don't drive cars these days? They is getting worse thems enthusiasts! Only taking the mick but why wouldn't it be a car for driving?

Zangetsu wrote: »
    Strange, enthusiasts don't drive cars these days? They is getting worse thems enthusiasts! Only taking the mick but why wouldn't it be a car for driving?
    im not in to cars big time these days

but in older cars you can have fiddly items such as ,electricals,rubber bushings and brake lines etc go and perish simply beacuse of age

all of these are fiddly to repair and its great if you can do them yourself

nice car the 316

I've a few mates that are into that sort of jazz, I'd love to learn, maybe this is an oppertunity :P

• Advertisement

it would go well with jazz

check out the suit rails in TK Maxx in swords clearance section you can get a jazzed up suit too to go with the car

waitin to go to vegas to get my purple shag suit and a pimp hat... TK maxx are a little too fancy for my tastes.

thats why the TV show is "Pimp my Ride" not "Ride my Pimp"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

© 2008 Spin Off Productions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

xsara vts coupe is the best option for someone imho, they have a terrable reputation but jesus, lets be honest, it was built so that pug had a replacment for the 205 as far as rallying was c oncerned ( the 106 is too small and the 306 is rubbish )

a 190e wouldnt be a bad purchase either... but tbh its luck of the draw, you can listen to us all giving you advice but still, the previous owner/owners could have drove the car into the ground like you did with your lanos... so before making your mind up get an Actual mechanic to help you out... not a bunch of know it alls... well... maybe a know it all with a vast amount of Exp :confused:

also if you going the e30 route...

best engine ?? M20 320i engine, buy in england, even a 1500 sterling over priced wreak is worth more with vrt paid then the jokes of examples here... honestly, ever since the F+F movies everyone thinks they can drift... but hey, its good for my my business but it wreaks the cars i love.... Catch 22 >.>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

So what car are you considering now? What mileage and year is your cut off point?

The last car was an audi a6, have to say great car, spacious, very comfortable and not a bother of trouble with it, (selling it now but prob out of your price range). I would recommend them, if you don't mind a bigger car!

Advertisement