Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EI 147 SFO and immigration

Options
  • 11-09-2008 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering why this flight is not processed by US immigration in Dublin? It leaves at a time the facility is open. Is there any particular reason for this?

I take it that airlines operating to the US ex DUB/SNN are not obliged to use the US immigration facilities in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

They are under no obligation.

Many flights do not operate thru the Dublin facility because it is so busy with other flights, the flights may often leave late, and airlines were getting complaints.

US Airways and American do not use it, im not too sure about the EIN147 though. Perhaps bramble will be able to tell us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

The main reason why the immigration isen't carried out for that flight in Dublin is as the previous poster stated, the congestion in the Dublin immigration at that time in the morning. A situation which should disappear once T2 at DUB is open
    This flight is chosen primarily as the SFO flight arrives in SFO at an off peak time for international arrivals, so there should normally be little waiting at the immigration in San Francisco.(In theory at least):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was on EI 145 on Monday and noticed that the main problem is that pax were not presenting themselves at US immigration in a timely manner. I noticed that it was taking around 20-30 mins to clear immigration at that time of the morning. The New York flight was closing and there was still pax waiting to clear immigration, net result flight is delayed to accommodate pax that should have cleared immigration in a timely manner.

I think that EI are too tolerant of late pax.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭GeturGun

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I think that EI are too tolerant of late pax.

The whole immigration section seems to be too tolerant of latecomers. We queued for 60 minutes last Nov for immigration and when we got near the top [and the queue was even longer behind us than when we started] they were closing a Delta flight and calling the latecomers and letting them thru ahead of everyone! :mad:
    Sure we would all have liked to spend an extra hour in the bar or wherever and stroll through past everyone at the last minute.
    I assume that happens every day of the week, and the latecomers know they will get away with it, so they do it.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'm flying to the states for the first time from SNN next week. Do I need to go through immigration there?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

GeturGun wrote: »
    The whole immigration section seems to be too tolerant of latecomers. We queued for 60 minutes last Nov for immigration and when we got near the top [and the queue was even longer behind us than when we started] they were closing a Delta flight and calling the latecomers and letting them thru ahead of everyone! :mad:
    Sure we would all have liked to spend an extra hour in the bar or wherever and stroll through past everyone at the last minute.
    I assume that happens every day of the week, and the latecomers know they will get away with it, so they do it.......
    It would soften their coughs if the flight just left without them. That will teach them to hang around the bar drinking when they should be at the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I'm flying to the states for the first time from SNN next week. Do I need to go through immigration there?

Yes usually most flights ex SNN use immigration at SNN. what flight are you going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Yes usually most flights ex SNN use immigration at SNN. what flight are you going on?

Going out on Thursday. Don't have the flight number handy here.

Advertisement