Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database error on specific thread.

Options
  • 11-09-2008 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

The 'Obama on Bill O'Reilly' in the 'US Election 2008' sub forum of the politics board is currently unaccessible. This doesn't seem to be happening for any other thread.
    Database Error Database error
    The boards.ie database has encountered a problem.
    Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
    * Open the www.boards.ie home page, then try to open another page.
    * Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.boards.ie forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055375723
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,436 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're a bit paranoid ;)

Loads of forums, categories and specific threads have been giving database errors all afternoon. The index has been fine. Adverts.ie is down too. Nothing on twitter unfortunately...

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Report any more of these here please, ran a pretty lightning fast repair on the DB just there, not sure if it actually repaired all the problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

CuLT wrote: »
    Report any more of these here please, ran a pretty lightning fast repair on the DB just there, not sure if it actually repaired all the problems.
    just got that old duplicate post error even though the post submitted there on my last post in the lair in noc forum

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

one in bargain alert happening too aswell,
    the one with the gears of war title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Haven't seen an error since yesterday, but boards slow for me this morning. Some pages really hanging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I am finding "page not found" on the V12TDI thread in Motors. Others I have tried seem OK. System is slow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Same.

Fixed the problem with pages hanging earlier, haven't noticed any db errors. If you find them, link to the location if you can, would help greatly.

Edit: repaired a slight problem there, may have disappeared the errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Fixed the problem with pages hanging earlier, haven't noticed any db errors. If you find them, link to the location if you can, would help greatly.

Edit: repaired a slight problem there, may have disappeared the errors.
    just got another 'this post is a duplicate' error on a quick reply, linky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57235723&postcount=37946

• Advertisement

Mirror wrote: »
    just got another 'this post is a duplicate' error on a quick reply, linky: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57235723&postcount=37946
    I want to get database errors out of the way before anything else right now, will look into that when I'm satisfied the db isn't choking anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

m.boards seems to be acting up.

First it was showing me the wrong subbed forum list, then logging me out and showing the full version of boards.

Now the subbed threads are showing up as a time about 18:00 when i know there has been posts in those threads after.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Sorry about posting in an old thread but I cant seem to access many at the moment? For example, I currently cannot access any of the Music threads...... ie: when I click on this [url] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=233 [/url]
    I get the " boards.ie database has encountered an error" message..... anyone else having this??
    I only got to this thread through 'googling' the error message.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

There's a MySQL problem viewing forums directly, but not threads.

The error output is as follows:
    Database error in vBulletin 3.7.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT moderator.*, user.username,
    		IF(user.displaygroupid = 0, user.usergroupid, user.displaygroupid) AS displaygroupid, infractiongroupid
    		FROM moderator AS moderator
    		INNER JOIN user AS user USING(userid);

MySQL Error   : Got error 134 from storage engine
    Error Number  : 1030
    Request Date  : Friday, November 14th 2008 @ 02:26:23 AM
    Error Date    : Friday, November 14th 2008 @ 02:26:23 AM
    Script        : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1
    Referrer      : 
    IP Address    : 84.1.111.111
    Username      : Trojan
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.0.22-log

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sparkzter wrote: »
    Sorry about posting in an old thread but I cant seem to access many at the moment? For example, I currently cannot access any of the Music threads...... ie: when I click on this [url] http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=233 [/url]
    I get the " boards.ie database has encountered an error" message..... anyone else having this??
    I only got to this thread through 'googling' the error message.... :(
    See this post onwards (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57897540&postcount=542). All forums seem to be affected. Threads seem to be working fine. To find a thread put "site:boards.ie" and the name of the thread you are looking in to google.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

See this post onwards (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=57897540&postcount=542). All forums seem to be affected. Threads seem to be working fine. To find a thread put "site:boards.ie" and the name of the thread you are looking in to google.

Thanks for that as the last post also said that forums were affected & not individual threads, I just didnt know how to access a thread directly, so thanks a million for that! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

sparkzter wrote: »
    Thanks for that as the last post also said that forums were affected & not individual threads, I just didnt know how to access a thread directly, so thanks a million for that! :D
    Not a bother, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Would this be causing certain users to appear as guest?

And by certain users I mean Dudess. Or is that not a "mistake".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Earthhorse wrote: »

Ignored my advice eh Hoss? Now everybody's going to realise you're a stalker. :D

Next comes the questions about where to find accommodation in Cork. It's like Jigsaw all over again. :D

javaboy wrote: »
    Ignored my advice eh Hoss? Now everybody's going to realise you're a stalker. :D

Next comes the questions about where to find accommodation in Cork. It's like Jigsaw all over again. :D

Way to help this go smoothly.

• Advertisement

Way to help this go smoothly.

Sorry Hoss. I'm a bit of a cockblocker at times. Carry on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Where is her account gone???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=48142

Oh dear.

I think I've fixed her now. Mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No more doobing on the job Cult!

Seems to be working alright now. That got a bit hairy for a while! :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

That just sounds wrong on so many levels..

:D:D:D:D

Only thing that seems to be missing is her avatartar.

And she still has those kooky, left-wing beliefs.

Can't fix that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Thanks a lot CuLT. And I think Vexorg. :)

Dudess wrote: »
    Thanks a lot CuLT. And I think Vexorg. :)

Oh sure, CuLT probably wrote a script to fix this and Vexorg gave him the technical advice to do it but I was the one who was annoyed enough to bring it to their attention!

Oh sure, CuLT probably wrote a script to fix this and Vexorg gave him the technical advice to do it but I was the one who was stalkery enough to bring it to their attention!

+1. And don't forget who broke it in the first place Dudess. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement