Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dave Kelly Appointed Group PD for FM104 and Q102

• 11-09-2008 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

UTV has announced it's appointment of FM104's programme director Dave Kelly as it's group PD for FM104 and Dublin's Q102. In light of this move, Liam Coburn will now be Dave's assistant in Q102.

Wonder how this will work out as it's well known that there is no love lost between Dave and Liam.

Best of luck Dave. Well deserved! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

Wonder how this will work out as it's well known that there is no love lost between Dave and Liam.

Best of luck Dave. Well deserved! ;)

Some ****-stirring going on here methinks. Last time I met both of them they were together at a UTV bash both having a beer and both having a natter with each other. Keep up the effort though "malthouse mouse".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭MaltHouse Mouse

No stirring at all. Sorry to disappoint you on that one Manimal! Last I understood it was known that they did not get on!

My bad!:confused:

Fair play to both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Can't say I ever heard that story either Malthouse but even if it were true, you get over these things in life.

Dave is now Liam's boss and I'm sure even if there was an issue, Liam is professional enough to build a bridge. Being on DK's bad side is not somewhere you want to be if you want to keep your gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Is that the Dave Kelly who was on ARD,Capital,Q 102 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Correct!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Yes I remember him, I think he can turn his hand to plastering if things don't work out.

Well he must have the radio bug he's been in it so long.

Hope all goes well.

The guy I never liked was Scott Williams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Greenman wrote: »
    Yes I remember him, I think he can turn his hand to plastering if things don't work out.

He must be in 104 nearly 20 years, I think he's a bit past the "if things don't work out stage". ;)

Any word on an assistant pd for 104 yet?

Mind you, I recently overheard a conversation in which Ben Murray was announcing that he was in fact the new assistant pd for 104?? I presume that this is just the usual case of 'Ben being Ben'?! :rolleyes:

Good man Benjey... That gave us a laugh in the office for a couple of days!

I did hear that Mark Noble has been putting a hell of a lot of work in lately?? Maybe a promotion is on the cards for him??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 StockCube

I heard Dave wanted to give the job to Ben but opted for Mark as he didn't want to upset anyone.

I know that story originally came from Ben though so I suppose the pinch of salt is assumed at this stage.

From what i've heard i can't imagine too many people in Hume House would be happy to take orders from Benjey

Good luck to whoever gets the post.

StockCube wrote: »
    I heard Dave wanted to give the job to Ben but opted for Mark as he didn't want to upset anyone.

Ha ha ha... Now that one is a classic. Who told you that... Ben?!! :D

Dave is no fool, far from it in fact, so why on earth would he want to an assistant pd job to Ben who has only been there a couple of years compared to Mark who is part of the furniture at this stage and does so much work for the station!

Whats next... Benjey for president?!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

FFS leave Ben alone. He's a bright lad with bundles of ambition. Its like any business. Passion is not enough to get you to the top. You need to be a politician also. Ben needs to serve his time as a junior minister first. Play the game and you go places;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 StockCube

bbability wrote: »
    FFS leave Ben alone. He's a bright lad with bundles of ambition. Its like any business. Passion is not enough to get you to the top. You need to be a politician also. Ben needs to serve his time as a junior minister first. Play the game and you go places;)

No seriously!! That's what I really heard!!!!

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and guess that you have never met Ben???

Advertisement