Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

M & S Dine in for two for 12.50 - its back!!!

• 11-09-2008 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Just as the thread title suggests!!!

Just picked up a whole chicken, veg for roasting, berry terrrine and a bottle of red for 12.50!!!

Love this offer :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

Just been in and got 3 of them(chicken with cheese bacon/toffee pud, lemon sole/jelly terrine and Gammon joint/choc fudge pud) . That's dinner sorted till Sunday. WooHoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thats great to know. Going to head there tomorrow.

Thanks to whoever gave me the information that you can have 2 x 1 litre juice instead of the wine. Still a bargain anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

On the last M+S thread it was said that this offer wouldn't be around any more due to a change in the law and selling cut price alchol. It was suggested that the drink could be replaced with the orange if this law was passed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

And on the last thread that myth was shot down.

The new alcohol legislation is law already and does not effect this offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I saw 2 literes of pure OJ instead of the wine , the last time I was there. As I'm off booze it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Apparently the wine is 9.50 normally!
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

35notout wrote: »
    Just as the thread title suggests!!!

Just picked up a whole chicken, veg for roasting, berry terrrine and a bottle of red for 12.50!!!

Love this offer :D

Got - meatballs in tomato and cheese, microwaveable vegetable selection, spotted dick and a bottle of Pinot Grigio - nice one !!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

If you get 6 lots you get an extra 10% off the wine. My freezer is pretty full. So is my wine shelf!! Happy days :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Smoggy wrote: »
    On the last M+S thread it was said that this offer wouldn't be around any more due to a change in the law and selling cut price alchol. It was suggested that the drink could be replaced with the orange if this law was passed.

Which was proven to be nonsense.

They are still offering a bottle of wine OR 2x1 litre juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

With pricing like this Marks is beating Lidl and Aldi!!

• Advertisement

Loads of stock for this offer in M&S Blanchardstown today!
    Plus lots of variety too...even a lot of veggie options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

The wine this time is the French - in my view its pretty horrible, even if its practically free.

Last time out the full bodied South African Dolphin Bay was the red wine offer, & this was more than acceptable, but even at this price I wouldnt go for the French.

I chose the fresh OJ instead.

Get there early in the day to get the nice vegetable accompaniments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

josh59 - I got the same, only the OJ instead of wine. And I loved it. And I am seriously thinking about going for another one or two sets today :-)

banchang wrote: »
    The wine this time is the French - in my view its pretty horrible, even if its practically free.

There's a selection of at least 3 wines...

They had loads of stock in Dundrum at closing time today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

In Blanch branch (:D) some eejit left a caeser salad in the promotion section and we never checked our receipt till after we left the shop and it was closing so tool late to go back. Charged full price for everything! Am planning on calling to city centre branch tomorrow to rectify...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

sweetie wrote: »
    In Blanch branch (:D) some eejit left a caeser salad in the promotion section and we never checked our receipt till after we left the shop and it was closing so tool late to go back. Charged full price for everything! Am planning on calling to city centre branch tomorrow to rectify...
    There are black circular "Dine for 2" offer stickers on the individual items which are part of the offer. Anything without does not qualify.

TM wrote: »
    There are black circular "Dine for 2" offer stickers on the individual items which are part of the offer. Anything without does not qualify.

I know, but the shop was closing and I just picked the stuff up in a hurry.
    I'm hoping they understand and at least discount the rest of the items to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Is this still on today?
    I'm so going back for more!!
    That chocolate fudge cake is delish!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Mango desserts were nice as was hot fudge cake thing. Whole Cooked chicken, and veg were nice. Not a wine drinker but gonna bring wine to house warming parties coming up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I was in twice in Liffey Valley at the W/e and bought 6 of these offers. A superb bargain. I normally don't have desert with meals at home and these were especially nice. On both occasions, staff were refilling the stands as quickly as people were taking them off, it must be continuing.

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Is this still on today?
    I'm so going back for more!!
    That chocolate fudge cake is delish!!

I thought I heard mentioned in the radio ad for this promotion that it only runs from Thursday to Sunday - but I could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

So Monday morning / Sunday night some poor sap has to strip the shelves of these offers and put them back out Thursday morning / Wednesday night, I don't think M&S are that stupid.

MC

They don't do this offer every weekend.

Seems to be averaging about once a month or so.

mick_irl wrote: »
    They don't do this offer every weekend.

Seems to be averaging about once a month or so.

Luckily you can freeze most of the main courses ;-)

sweetie wrote: »
    I know, but the shop was closing and I just picked the stuff up in a hurry.
    I'm hoping they understand and at least discount the rest of the items to

rang the grafton st branch and they will give me the cash back. fair play as Ronan would say.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sweet, very good M&S.

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Is this still on?

No - it usually just runs over a weekend, but hopefully, will be back again soon.

mick_irl wrote: »
    No - it usually just runs over a weekend, but hopefully, will be back again soon.
    My missus was in M&S in Liffey of the Valley yesterday and said the offer wasn't on but they had a lot of other grub at 50% off and so on

• Advertisement

That's pretty standard to be honest.

They always have 'buy one, get one half price' or 'two for one' offers on something in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

this deal is defo better than the standard 2 for 1 offers or buy one get another half price.

if anyone hears it's running again, please post to let us know.

Advertisement