Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question Regarding NTL Installation

Options
  • 11-09-2008 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

hey quick question

i am getting NTL tv set up in the house next week.the technician is calling around sometime.

it looks like the house had ntl before judging by the terminal in the wall in the sitting room.
    one problem i have is that i currently do not have a tv!
    is it possible for a technician to turn on the signal etc without a TV to verify all is working?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Yup - they'll have a signal analyser type meter to plug into the socket outlet which will record the signal levels received. They log this data also...

Edit: now that it occurs to me - mention it to the tech to ensure that ALL TV points in the house are hooked up, otherwise they will only hook up the main, usually living room, one.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

Hey,
    I have a question about ntl installation as well. I ordered broadband off them on thursday and when asked when I would prefer them to install it, I said Friday. I knew that it was proballly too short of notice but I haven't heard from them at all.
    Should I ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Installer will ring on Friday morning to arrange installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭jack222

So where do they put the router for the broadband? and what the wireless router they give like?.

I have an xbox upstairs, will this be ok to connect wireless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

They put in our router etc in the sitting room where the cable entered the house. So wherever your main cablepoint is in the house is where your router and modem will go. I would expect that if you want it in another room that its a case of connecting to main point and running cables from there. Dunno if the techie will do that for you though.

I have had no problems with the router but many here have and its reported to be a pile of sh*te. I am waiting for it to cause problems. I have an old Linksys router hanging around (pleeeease let me not have thrown it out!!) and I will get around to setting that one up one of these days :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement