Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think? Fake or genuine....

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the photos may be real, doesn't mean the seller took them.

Would never buy off anyone with low feedback, never mind of someone with no feedback.
    Especially when they offer to ship anywhere in the world for free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,587 ✭✭✭The Rooster

As has been said, it does look too good to be true. Every seller has to make their first e-bay sale to somebody I suppose, but do you want to be the guinea pig?

Although it is payment by PayPal, and that covers you if you don't get the item, doesnt it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26 N1977

The listing has conflicting information. It states at the top that the item is located in NY, but below it states that the item will ship from Beijing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭jampotjim

As has been said, it does look too good to be true. Every seller has to make their first e-bay sale to somebody I suppose, but do you want to be the guinea pig?

Although it is payment by PayPal, and that covers you if you don't get the item, doesnt it?

I see they don't want you to pay via ebay checkout which would make me suspisious as then the transaction is not being monitored via ebay so you can't lodge copmplaint on costs.

Also P&P free and 0 feedback I would be of the feeling that is a scam of some sort either to get paypal details from the invoice or just to get a number of small transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

I've been caught out with a similar auction before and would be fairly certain this is fake. Don't do it, it's not worth it.

I bought from a UK seller, who shipped from China. China is where the vast majority of fakes originate from.

I ended up being stung for over 200 euro, don't make the same mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

I think they use the term "Paypal" just to make you feel more secure. But, then they state "please wait our invoice to pay and do not process the ebay checkout. thank you. " Thats the suspicious part - you are invoiced expected to pay (probably through western union or some money transfer at this point) then the goods never come.
    Avoid avoid avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Don'y but them.

I would be pretty sure they are fakes, as a previous reply said, the seller says he's in USA but clubs shipped from China, very dodgy. The genuine article, even though they are made in china, would never be shipped by a private seller from china, also 0 feedback, is someone chancing their arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Looks genuine to me.

I've got some magic beans here I could do you a good price on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭gnolan

Think i'll give it a miss, have been lookin for those Cleveland wedges on the cheap for ages though, might settle for them NV Drew ones from MD, seems like there are some good genuine deals to be found.

How much for the magic beans? I'll trade you for basket of soiled underwear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

gnolan wrote: »
    How much for the magic beans? I'll trade you for basket of soiled underwear

Where's the soiled underwear being shipped from? ;)

• Advertisement

I'm based in Dublin but i ship from your mother's house.:P

I see the seller has 4 sets of Cleveland wedges and two Callaway Ft-i drivers currently listed. Plenty of bids in, so will be interesting to see what happens! First 3 lots currently at £51, £60 and £82. Certainly anyone who pays by anything other than paypal is looking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I just looked at some of the other clubs he has listed and some of the English in the descriptions is very poor. Something dodgy going on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Ebay are currently cracking down on counterfit sellers after an expensive payout to a brand name holder, you can report an item/seller at the bottom of the listing page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Blunder

Can you report a seller that sold you something in March? Bought a putter but it was fake and when I said it to them they said to send it back but I didnt do anything as I reckoned that it might be ok or that my bro might use it. It was not nice at all to play with!:mad:

Would anyone here buy something on Ebay that was listed as a fake? I'm half thinking of selling it as its been used twice! (not 2 rounds but 2 putts its too short for me)

As far as i know, PayPal have a limit of 45 days within which to lodge a complaint and to try to get a refund

Two feedbacks now for the person selling the Cleveland set of 3 wedges:

1. Bought for £82
    BRILLIANT!!! Amazing clubs, Amazing ebayer

2. Bought for £112
    great item, quick delivery A++++++++

Other sets of wedges sold by the dealer have gone for £97, £101 and £114, while a Callaway Driver has sold for £87. There are still 2 sets of wedges for sale, currently at £80 and £97.

Fakes, stolen or the genuine article???

A mate of mine happended to buy a set of Cleveland wedges in a golf shop in the US at the beginning of the summer, at $99 per wedge.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭stringy

ebay sellers dont have to be from china to rip you. I got stung buyin 2 dozen proV off a bloke in portlaoise trading on ebay. they came in prov boxes, were numbered and labeled/marked accordingly. Hit them 2/3 times paint comes off and you realise you're hitting lumps of bad plastic

beware

Its tempting alright, what with the free postage too. Those wedges look great too. Only thing with the feedback is people that don't know or care if they are genuine or not, they're just happy to have received it quickly.

First thing I did when i bought my driver on eBay was bring it down to McGuirks to see if it was authentic........it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭slingerz

gnolan wrote: »
    Its tempting alright, what with the free postage too. Those wedges look great too. Only thing with the feedback is people that don't know or care if they are genuine or not, they're just happy to have received it quickly.

First thing I did when i bought my driver on eBay was bring it down to McGuirks to see if it was authentic........it was.

A lot of brands allow you to register your club and i think that can confirm if its authentic. buying off any of the stores on ebay can pretty much guarantee authencity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

Anyone else spot this seller? Based in Dublin, apparently, and would even allow collection. Probably falls into the same bracket of too good to be true though. Vokey and Cleveland wedges for €50-55 euro delivered. If someone else wants to take a chance, and let me know how they get on:eek:

http://search.ebay.ie/_W0QQsassZbhdistribution

Think they are all fakes. I tried to get a Vokey Wedge off a fella in Dublin before, had the same message down the bottom of, 'Please contact me before bidding'. He told me they were fake and he was just trying to get rid of them

Also you might notice that in the description he never mentions any brand name, ie. Cleveland or Titleist, just spin milled 56 deg wedge. They look great though. In the market for a 60deg, if it does the job I'd still be interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

The ebay sale the OP linked to look like fakes to me.
    The "CG14" text looks too far to the right compared with an genuine club.
    Also the paintfill in the Zip logo is crap...
    168780194_o.jpg

Also the FT-i driver for sale is deffo a fake - there is small a plastic plug on the sole of the genuine article, on the one listed it's just a small recess in the sole. Also the top left corner of the "F" looks wrong.
    ...........................Fake...........................
    171956965_o.jpg

......................Genuine...........................
    Callaway_FT-i_Driver_Golf_Clubs_Golf_Drivers.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

post-42621-1211314211-3.jpg

No way they're the same...

The guy i bought a fake Superquad from had 10+ convinced sellers before me who left good feedback. Alot of people wouldn't know better... i didn't for a good while!

Well after 9 glowing reviews for "sheliagolf73", one buyer has finally copped on and noted they are fakes. Unfortunately for the buyer he bought both the CG12 and CG14 wedge sets for a combined cost of £239.

Advertisement