Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rechargeable batteries

• 11-09-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭

Any deals going on rechargable batteries at the moment I'm tending to use them a lot so need to buy a few

(digital camera ... wireless headphones ... mice ... )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

Try Ebay. Sanyos, GP, Energizer are good among others.

NI-MH are one of the most common rechargable batteries out there but you can't use them for some stuff becuase they self discharge. A fully charged battery left sitting on the shelf will have discharged fully after two months. There not much good for clocks etc. Might be better off buying an alkaline for something like that.

NI-CD discharge all by themselves also but not as fast as NI-MH. NI-CD is not used as much anymore though because there hard to dispose of.

I got 16 NI-MH GP2700's on ebay from Hong Kong for about 17 euro. Great deal. Can't understand how they can sell them so cheap but there definitely real. I'm only getting around to testing the capacities properly on them now. They seem fine. I'm currently cycling the first set and I'm getting 2500 out of one of the batteries so I'm hoping to get that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

thanks for the response .... I was hoping more for a local shop (dublin / galway) than ebay.

I've some duracel ultra 1700maH that are quite nice for the digital camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

forbairt wrote: »
    thanks for the response .... I was hoping more for a local shop (dublin / galway) than ebay.

I've some duracel ultra 1700maH that are quite nice for the digital camera

If you got 2700mah you would get more out of one set of batteries. 2700mah = longer run time than 1700mah.

It's important to have a right charger aswell - la crosse (techno line) bc 900 or the maha powerex MH-C9000. Cheap chargers ruin good batteries.

Why is it important to buy something like this local - it will cost you loads more. You'd probably get them in Argos. I've seen them for sale in hardware stores aswell. Currys would probably have them and perhaps Smyths too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Why is it important to buy something like this local - it will cost you loads more. You'd probably get them in Argos. I've seen them for sale in hardware stores aswell. Currys would probably have them and perhaps Smyths too.

because I wanted them yesterday / today :D not next week

I know the shops that sell them ... I was specifically looking for a deal that might be going on in a local store if someone could have recommended one.

Thanks for the responses all the same.

Advertisement