Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RGB SCART and Xbox360

• 11-09-2008 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'll soon be getting an Xbox 360 premium and have been told I should get an RGB SCART cable because that has the best video quality.

What I want to know is, how can I ascertain if a television is able to take RGB? I don't want to have to use a composite. (And I barely know what I'm talking about here so I'll need you to use simple, clear descriptions ;))

Edit: some clarification, the TV I have in mind is about 6 years old (got it early 2002 I think) and is a Phillips.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

I'd say you'll would be fine with that TV. I'm was in the same situation. I have a 32" Philips CRT which is maybe 5 years old and I had to buy an RGB scart for it so I could play some of the Xbox 360 games on it. It now works a charm.

If your looking to buy a cable I saw them in gamespot in stephens green for 15 euro this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If the person who told you this knew what kinda tv you have, then hes right.. Scart is the way to go.. If he doesnt know what kinda tv you have then hes living back..... a few years ago :rolleyes:

Scart for older tvs

Hdmi/component for newer tvs

Hdmi/component being the best

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Scart is the way to go

It's definitely a SCART TV, my question is specifically if you can tell whether a TV is RGB (red-green-blue) compatible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

my question is specifically if you can tell whether a TV is RGB (red-green-blue) compatible.

Not by looking at it you cant , but if you still have the manual it will tell you in that.

If it has more than one scart socket then the first one is usually the RGB one , on good sets , they all are , but there is no way to know without actually looking in the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

If it has more than one scart socket then the first one is usually the RGB one , on good sets , they all are , but there is no way to know without actually looking in the manual.

I'll look for the manual. The TV only has one SCART socket.

• Advertisement
Advertisement