Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know the way you fluent Irish speakers are great, well...

Options
  • 11-09-2008 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

...Anyone fancy steping up to the plate and translating all the Prós and Filíocht from here http://www.skoool.ie/skoool/examcentre_sc.asp?id=2080 . Idea I had was someone or some people would say copy and paste it to Mircosoft Word, etc... and then next to each Irish word/phrase type the English in say red.

Say it would be a great asset to alot of us 6th years who are sh*t at Irish and have a crap teacher.

Go on.................:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

What's in it for us?

(I'm not fluent in Irish but I remember all that crap from last year)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭nycman

I agree with Igloo. I'm a native speaker from Conamara and would do it if there was an incentive,which doesn't have to be huge. I understand what you are going through. If you are interested PM me. I'll be glad to help (A1 in LC 2008 BTW)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I will say thank you, if you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

i dont mind helping anybody out translating. im going to be an irish teacher after college and will be translating then so why not start now. PM me if what you want translated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

What's in it for us?

(I'm not fluent in Irish but I remember all that crap from last year)
    nycman wrote: »
    I agree with Igloo. I'm a native speaker from Conamara and would do it if there was an incentive,which doesn't have to be huge. I understand what you are going through. If you are interested PM me. I'll be glad to help (A1 in LC 2008 BTW)

The fact that you've helped many people from boards.ie do decent in Irish for the Leaving Cert, how could you sleep without helping us.:D

I'll buy a pint for the person who does it, better? When you get that pint will be when we bump into one another, possibly the Nocturnal Beers on the 4th October?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

if the course is the same as for 2008 somebody put the english versions for lots of the poems on allhonours.ie last year - just do a search for irish poems there

Ancee wrote: »
    if the course is the same as for 2008 somebody put the english versions for lots of the poems on allhonours.ie last year - just do a search for irish poems there

http://www.allhonours.ie/node/2350 That?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Ancee

yes - don't know if it's any good to you as I'm not familiar with 2009 LC course

Ancee wrote: »
    yes - don't know if it's any good to you as I'm not familiar with 2009 LC course

Ye great use. More looking for the story notes translated rather than the poems tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

Ye great use. More looking for the story notes translated rather than the poems tbh.

like i said tell me what one's you'd like translated and give me the website and i'll do it for FREE. check your PM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

The fact that you've helped many people from boards.ie do decent in Irish for the Leaving Cert, how could you sleep without helping us.:D

I'll buy a pint for the person who does it, better? When you get that pint will be when we bump into one another, possibly the Nocturnal Beers on the 4th October?

Hmm it's a tempting offer....but no deal, Mr. Banker. :P

Looks like liverpool lad is willing to help you though. And he'll probably be much more of a help than I would. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd happily translate it, but I'd be doing you more of a service by letting you translate it yourself. If you've to spend however long translating it, you're going to know it much better. Letting someone else spend hours typing it into English and then scanning over it... hmm, not gonna do much. We can't do your LC for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I'd happily translate it, but I'd be doing you more of a service by letting you translate it yourself. If you've to spend however long translating it, you're going to know it much better. Letting someone else spend hours typing it into English and then scanning over it... hmm, not gonna do much. We can't do your LC for you.
    :( Logs Out.....

Advertisement