Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I deal with this?

Options
  • 06-11-2008 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My wife and I are living next door to a rented house. Long story short. Owner went off to Oz 2 years ago and left a management company in charge. I have no idea what company or any contact number for the owner or his family. Is there any way i can find out this info? Does the house have to be registered with the council if being rented? There is one management company in my area so it could be them but I don't know if they'll divulge that sort of info if I ask.

Have had several tenants since the owner moved out and had no major problems.

Some new tenants have just moved in over the last few weeks and already they are generating a fair bit of noise and its starting to really p*** us off. There are approximately 4 eastern europeans and they have friends visiting all of the time who almost fill the road with their cars.

What way should I approach this? Assuming I found out who the management company was, should I deal with them when lodging a complaint? How likely are they to take me seriously if we are the only ones to complain? I get the feeling none of the other neighbours will complain because they have the typical Irish attitude of keeping their heads down to avoid any confrontation. Don't get me wrong, I am not a hot-headed individual but I just want to be able to relax when I come home from a hard days work without worrying about how high the level of noise is going to be from next door:)

All feedback appreciated!
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement