Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Coil Light on dashboard?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

A coil light has come on on the dashboard of my '01 ford transit 260swb , was driving a bit sluggishly before I noticed it, about 2 miles from home, drove home. What does the coil light mean, what can I do to sort it ? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

jgoodman05 wrote: »
    A coil light has come on on the dashboard of my '01 ford transit 260swb , was driving a bit sluggishly before I noticed it, about 2 miles from home, drove home. What does the coil light mean, what can I do to sort it ? Thanks

Glow plug problem I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭cabbott

on some cars or vans this light is the engine management light as well as the heaterplug light, it will have to be pluged in to diagnostic computer to find the fault, we had a bora in work one day with this light on, the 2 brake light bulbs were gone, believe it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Any luck with solving this?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

the coil light on your van is the engine managemant light on transit,most than likely its your egr or accelarator pedal there the most common faults on that van it will have to go on a computer to make sure .if the van is still driving its more than likely egr valve
    jonathan

Advertisement