Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ucas

• 11-09-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey everyone.
    Just wondering is anybody applying through ucas for college in the uk?
    Just started doin my personal statement.Im applying for Pe teaching in Strawberry hill in London cause the points are feckin ridiculous here :(
    The ucas system is waay fairer the cao i think.What do the rest of ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

yep i'm applying to queen margaret in edinburgh to do radiography, seems a lot easier and simpler than the CAO, and think it's cheaper too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭K-Bowie

I'm also applying I'm going for Med in Imperial in London :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

We had a talk from a guy ho went to Cambridge about going to the UK for college. I can see why he'd like it, don't think it'd be my cup of tea though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭peachystarr

kateos2 wrote: »
    yep i'm applying to queen margaret in edinburgh to do radiography, seems a lot easier and simpler than the CAO, and think it's cheaper too.

If you are applying for Radiography, my advice to you would be to get some experience in a dept if at all possible , even 2 days or anything because without this UK colleges prob wont consider you. Its really important, when I did my LC I applied to do Radiography and had an excellent personal statement but no experience so didnt end up getting any ucas offers , I actually got the points for UCD in the end so didnt need to go to the UK. If your local hospital wont let you go in and observe for a day, contact UCD and they should be able to arrange something for you. It will greatly improve your chances of getting accepted by ucas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

If you are applying for Radiography, my advice to you would be to get some experience in a dept if at all possible , even 2 days or anything because without this UK colleges prob wont consider you. Its really important, when I did my LC I applied to do Radiography and had an excellent personal statement but no experience so didnt end up getting any ucas offers , I actually got the points for UCD in the end so didnt need to go to the UK. If your local hospital wont let you go in and observe for a day, contact UCD and they should be able to arrange something for you. It will greatly improve your chances of getting accepted by ucas.

Thanks for that, was thinking of doing that anyway, but i definately will now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 george wilson

A friend of mine is running an interactive workshop on ucas applications. He will be running through the application process and giving hints on how to succeed in your application. He is studying in Cambridge, so I think he knows a thing or two about the application process. This is the Facebook page for the workshop if anyones interested. :)
    spam link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

STOP digging up old threads and spamming your UCAS course all over the place,
    I have already warned you by PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement