Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need new alloys......

Options
  • 11-09-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Need some advice,

I am looking for a new set of 17" alloys; how much can i expect to pay for a decent set (i.e. not rubbuish but not top of the line), is there any particular brand i should look for or even where to buy........ i live in kilkenny if that helps;

Thanks alot ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The car they are going on will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Ebay.ie got a pair of 17inch with tires for my car for 575 to my front door. There the new type rs4 for my mk4 golf. Nice solid wheel and tires been driving for a bit on them on so far been very good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

bazz26 wrote: »
    The car they are going on will help.

sorry, 2003 Opel Vectra HBack

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

All I say is don't buy cheap alloys from the likes of Halfords etc.
    There very dangerous apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Vain wrote: »
    Ebay.ie got a pair of 17inch with tires for my car for 575 to my front door. There the new type rs4 for my mk4 golf. Nice solid wheel and tires been driving for a bit on them on so far been very good
    I'm hoping you meant to say set instead of pair?

OP - won't advise what to get, as style is an individual thing, but will suggest you avoid the following due to them being soft and prone to buckling ...

TSW
    Wolfrace
    Oxygen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭HJL

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'm hoping you meant to say set instead of pair?

OP - won't advise what to get, as style is an individual thing, but will suggest you avoid the following due to them being soft and prone to buckling ...

TSW
    Wolfrace
    Oxygen

Add ICE to that list too, mine had a bend in one of them after
    4000 miles, only 15ins and have a big enough profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Ice? Never even heard of them, but will remember to steer clear if I ever come across them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, you can search on the below site and see how they might look on your car:

www.performancealloys.com

Advertisement