Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What defines a good livery service?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm a long time out of the whole livery scene but keen to hunt again and maybe riding club stuff. Livery services have changed somewhat and you guys all seem very in touch. I've a list of yards I'm viewing what defines a good one nowadays.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

daily turnout ,clean stable, plenty grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

A happy, healthy horse, a clean yard and plenty of people who are willing to help out and are friendly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

It depends on what exactly you want for your horse and how much you're willing to pay for it. Will you ride out the horse everyday or do you want somebody to exercise it for you? Will you look after it each day or do you need somebody to much out and feed it, etc, etc, etc. There's been a few threads on livery costs and what services are offered so it might be worthwhile to have a look at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭needadvice

thanks guys convert I'd need the full srevice as I'd only be free weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 curly pow

needadvice wrote: »
    I'm a long time out of the whole livery scene but keen to hunt again and maybe riding club stuff. Livery services have changed somewhat and you guys all seem very in touch. I've a list of yards I'm viewing what defines a good one nowadays.
    I have just moved to an excellent private livery in Straffan. Ponies & horses turned out every day, plenty of tlc. Our pony is lovin it. We were in a riding school and found that the focus wasn't really on the liveries and they werent getting out,
    Curly Pow

• Advertisement
Advertisement