Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teh 1000000th help me build a pc thread!!!

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

hi there!, ill level with you, im not hugely into keeping up with pc components atm, and id like some advice from some of the great minds on boards who know their stuff
    (wipes nose clean)

ive made the mistake in the past of buying a dell..... im sorry. it was fine for wow and cs, but now i want something that will pack a punch, my mate got a pc off komplett last year for around 1400, a similar one now costs around 1200,

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ci.aspx?sku=10058

now theres a thread about that one already i know, but im just linking it to give an idea to where im headed, budget is around 1000, i can stretch a bit, but id rather not go too far, dont need a monitor just the computer.

so if anyone can recomend maybe some components that would be better then those or a cheaper place to order from that would be swell,

thanks!
    j

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

That PC is fine, but a bit overpriced.. I am surprised there are 2 decent video cards in that PC.. very surprised.. Komplett usually make an 'ULTRA GAMER' PC and then put two 30 euro video cards in the thing..

If you want cheaper, go German..

Hardwareversand.de (choose english, choose pc configurator)

quad core 6600 or 6700
    Gigabyte motherboard an 80 euro version
    radeon 4870 graphics card
    4 gig ddr2 6400 ram
    antec case
    corsair power supply 600 watt
    samsung hard drives.. 1 tb/750 gb/500 gb

tinker around till you get the price you want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

i have one i robbed from an old thread on here,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055365008

hasnt been replied too in a few weeks,

the very last post is what i picked out on the site, theres no option for the 4870 only 4850, i dont know if the guy bought that one or not but i pmed him to find out

Advertisement