Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any one ever heard of Usborne books?

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi I am new to this site, and I was wondering has anyone ever heard of Usborne books? They are a company that sell children's books in kind of the same way as Avon or Tupperware (at parties or door to door). Has anyone bought these books or know anything about them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

They've been around years. I bought a number of them when I went to book parties. They do a good range of "First Words" in the likes of Spanish, French etc even Irish and I think Japanese. We had the Irish book for years. Those are the ones I remember. I think Easons may stock them too but I don't know the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nc13

Would you buy them again? I am thinking of joining them as a rep and would just just like to know if there is a demand for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I have bought some of these books, but I tend to buy all my books second hand on www.amazon.com Its by far cheaper than a book store, and although Ive never come into contact with a rep, Im sure its still cheaper online. I have bought quite alot from Amazon over the years, always second hand when I can get it, and it has never been in bad condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Never knew they sold a la Avon, I used to buy them in bookshops as a child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I would definitely buy them again as they're such good quality.

• Advertisement
Advertisement