Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Politically motivated moderating

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

The two infractions were for insulting other members afais.

After a warning to read the charter you replied with
    just that.

Justified in my opinion.

The reason the posts were removed was because they were completely off-topic. Don't discuss moderation on thread, simple rule of thumb.

This is the seed of the part of the thread that was deleted:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Actually, that post received an infraction for "breach of forum charter" - arguing with moderation on-thread is expressly forbidden by the charter.
    I see worse that that every single time I log on to boards.ie—but I don't see the offenders getting issued with "infractions." And what about the board member who told me to "suck it up"? Why didn't he receive an "infraction"?
    For one thing, because you didn't report the post. If you have a problem with a post, report it.
    This is a politically motivated witch hunt by oscarBravo, nothing more, nothing less. The double standards are plain to be seen.
    Repeating the accusation won't make it any more true.

Advertisement