Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get Eircom BB, can someone explain this for me.

Options
  • 11-09-2008 9:44pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Basically I've been told I can't get BB from Eircom after they had enabled the exchange I live in. I asked for a reason and this is what they told me

"I have spoken to our networks team regarding your broadband order. Our local technicians attempted to transfer your telephone line at the exchange over to a “physical” pair, which is a telephone cable pair that does not have a carrier on it. Unfortunately, there are no spare physical pairs available at the exchange which means that we cannot provide you with a broadband service."

Is there anything I can do or say to them or am I screwed and stuck with 3g forever?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Can anyone explain this to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

You're on a carrier line. In simple terms your line has been spliced and can take analogue telephone traffic but not DSL. When they went to your exchange they were hoping to change you over to a line that would support DSL but there were no spare copper lines there.

In a nutshell you're stuck unless they put a new line in. You could request it but you'll have to pay and they may not be willing/able to do so.

Advertisement