Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BCOOP Autumn '08

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

I'll keep this open for a bit but looks like reg is still open but only events after reg count towards standings is defo the way to go.

I was talking to a few people who are heading down to killarney on the thursday even if they arent playing the sat so i'll see in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

I agree that latecomers points only after they have reg'd shoud go towards overall comp. and I would postpone the Omaha Hi/lo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

can someone pm me the password for 2nite plz

edit: received thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭tipptop29

how do i get a password for this event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Itsallzen

Password for tonight's tourney? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ship the password

tipptop29 wrote: »
    how do i get a password for this event?
    Itsallzen wrote: »
    Password for tonight's tourney? Thanks.

PMs sent with password. Good luck

Password sent Chucky.

Folks,

Can we keep the individual event thread for password requests etc and keep this one void of clutter..Cheers

BCOOP Event 2

Post in the above thread or PM myself or Gillcarr1972 if anyone else is looking for the password...and good luck to all...NOT!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

I'm shipping $20 for this now. Sorry for being late!!

digiman wrote: »
    I'm shipping $20 for this now. Sorry for being late!!

Coolio....i'll let you know when i recieve it..consider yourself included for the overall prize!

• Advertisement

Folks,

Here's the update after Event 2. Congrats to Strewelpeter on taking down this one to go along with his 3rd in Event 1. Another congrats to gillcarr1972 who made it 2 4th places finishes on the trot too..gg

bcoopevent2vv0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Flushdraw wrote: »
    I have the Omaha Hi/Lo scheduled for next Thuursday. There will be a lot of punters in Killarney so half the field will be missing. Will i postpone this til later in the series and play it alongside another event or leave it as is?

Play as scheduled imo. The format is designed that people can miss games and still play enough. Otherwise you really should listen to other requests for people to postpone or change dates!

Imposter wrote: »
    Play as scheduled imo. The format is designed that people can miss games and still play enough. Otherwise you really should listen to other requests for people to postpone or change dates!

Well the reason being is that i wasn't meant to schedule a tournament for that date but meh. Obviously people that arent going to be playing Killarney will want to keep the dates the same because its a big advantage so i wasn't really expecting anything different tbh.

But you're right, it was designed to allow players to miss some games and still have a good chance of doing well.

Folks,

Strewelpeter continues to dominate the BCOOP...maybe he'll give someone else a chance at some stage! Gillcarr keeps up her consistent form by finishing 4th again, for the 3rd successive tournament...

I'll double check all points to make sure i am 100% after the weekend..gl to everyone in event 4, as i wont be around

bcoop3cg1.jpg

Here's the update after event 4. Strewelpeter continues to lead with a huge gap over Gillcarr in 2nd, who also has a decent lead over Flipper in 3rd. Still all to play for!

bcoop4xj6.jpg

Congrats to Hoki on taking down the latest installment of the BCOOP. Added to his 3rd place in event 4 sees him creep into 3rd. Strewelpeter still leads the way from Gillcarr in 2nd.

bcoop5zw3.jpg

Here's the table after event 6. Top still the same as the last few weeks with Strewelpeter leading form Gillcarr.

note that bonus points have NOT been added to the overall scores just yet, i'll do that once i get the damn virus off my pc and can edit the spreadsheet properly ;-(

bcoop6yn1.jpg

Heres the table after Event 7..

Leaderboard still has a familiar look to it with Strewelpeter leading the way from Gillcarr. Flipper is applying the pressure in 3rd and then there's a chasing pack.

Bonus points are not yet added to the total scores so a simple addition is needed for some people. I'll change that for the next update

We're also at the stage where only the top 8 results will count so things are going to tighten up a little. Seeing as the Main Event must count, only the top 7 scores from other events will be included. Only 3 players have played 8 games and as each has scored at least 1 zero, this is the score taken off so it doesnt affect the leaderboard.

H.O.R.S.E is next up and there's a thread going up in the Online sub-forum so get yourselves reg'd and gl all

9 events down and only 2 to play and it looks like the title is going to be Strewelpeter unless he has a major blowup! 3 wins from 9 events is top class stuff and the reason why he has stormed clear. Its still tight for 2nd place with Gillcarr leading the way from Flipper and myself.

33 players entered the overall competition so $660 in the prizepool will mean the winner pockets a cool $495 and 2nd place takes $165

Only top 8 results (incl Main Event) will go towards the standings so a persons lowest score will be taken out as the series comes to an end.

Best of luck to everyone still in the running.

table7nt7.jpg

event77eu9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

2nd is all to play for :D

Im not sure if this was mentioned, but are the points the same for the ME, or is there an more points on offer, extended points paid out etc

• Advertisement

Mellor wrote: »
    2nd is all to play for :D

Im not sure if this was mentioned, but are the points the same for the ME, or is there an more points on offer, extended points paid out etc

I was meant to have double points for the ME but i dont think i stipulated it sio i cant change it now. The only thing is that it must count towards your overall score.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I'm done with this charade of a series. I'm sick of calling stations and suckouts. Yer all a bunch of ..... hehehe

I'm afraid I am done with it. Unfortunately we've lost some staff in the last couple of weeks and have another out sick so it falls on yours truly to cover. And anyway, tonight game is Omaha and I'm only any good at that when we're flipping. :)

I have to say this, it's been a blast playing online with you lot. Great craic and a real good laugh. It's something I find doesn't happen online often enough. As a recreational player, I have found these to be the most enjoyable tournaments since I started by playing freerolls on Holdempoker.com a few years ago. And for me the enjoyment is definitely as important as any winning.

Thanks to all of you. But especially to Flushdraw and Gillcar (cos I just know he didn't do all the work). Fair play to you. It can't be easy committing yourselves to something like this. As for that HORSE tournament mentioned in the other thread? Make at least one of them a live event, so those of us who have never actually faced each other can really peer into each others souls. And thanks to Mellor for doing his very very best to keep me honest. ;)

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 39,303 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DubTony wrote: »
    And thanks to Mellor for doing his very very best to keep me honest. ;)

Cheers

Soulreader FTW :D:D

OK its all over....we have found our champion......Congrats Strewelpeter (aka Finsceal Beo) on claiming the annual BCOOP. nh wp gg etc.........BUT and there's always a but. I'm sorry to say that after careful discussion, i've had to disqualify the big man and strip him of his crown :eek: ....I know...its hard to believe but thats the way it has to be i'm afraid.

You see, way back when he thought he was being clever and funny (who's laughing now lol) he boasted that his 12 year old daughter had pwned us all for 20 minutes while Tony was away perming his hair. That perm just cost you $495..hope it was worth it! I cant let the integrity of boards be brought into question. It says clearly in the BCOOP t+c that you must play on your account only, and that at no time must anyone under the age of 16 be allowed to play poker on your account, ESPECIALLY if its a girl.

Hold the front page though....I've decided to suspend the main event amongst this shannanigans and award payments as the league stands (i think its the fairest option) Gillcarr will now take 1st place and Myself (oh the irony) will now get 2nd place :pac:

BTW this has nothing to do with the assumption that i have donked off all the prize money playing omaha with the big boys, and i'm just looking for a way out..No Sirreeeeeee. Rules were broken and we must make an example of someone, plain and simple...I actually got a little sick in my mouth when i decided to strike Tony with the expulsiation card, but there's always next year. I hope you all learned a lesson.

I've left the table as it should of been just to run salt into the wounds, but dont go crying over it, because i cant change it at this stage.....tut tut

bcoop9al1.jpg

bcoop9bhn5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Gillcarr will now take 1st place and Myself (oh the irony) Gillcarr will also get 2nd place money

I got mugged by a pair of chancers, heres a mugshot of the money grubbing couple last seen heading towards the Hills of Donegal

lodz%20artists.jpg

Y'know the way I pwnd y'all was worth more than any money.

Actually if we are going to have a stewards enquiry I reckon that seeing as how I've won by so far and the remote second place is being led by a girl we should declare that there is no second and reward my extraordinary achievement with a full scoop of the pot.

And thx for putting a smile on my face for the first time since i bubbled the iwf last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Flushdraw wrote:
    You see, way back when he thought he was being clever and funny (who's laughing now lol) he boasted that his 12 year old daughter had pwned us all for 20 minutes while Tony was away perming his hair. That perm just cost you $495..hope it was worth it! I cant let the integrity of boards be brought into question. It says clearly in the BCOOP t+c that you must play on your account only, and that at no time must anyone under the age of 16 be allowed to play poker on your account, ESPECIALLY if its a girl.

Absolutely. Good Stuff. Judges decisions being final and all that. Rules is rules. Now if we can figure out how to prevent all that collusion in the next one it'll be a lot fairer. I mean, 2nd AND third. FFS. You couldn't have made it more obvious.

Congrats to StrewelPeter. WP. Great performance.

Fantastic Tournament, had an absolute ball playing with all you guys. I am delighted of course to get Second place. Strewelpeter played consistantly well and I had no chance at first at all!

Thanks for setting this up Tony, will certainly play next year :D

Mellor.. you had hard decisions there tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Well done Strewelpeter and GillCarr on the results.

Big Thanks to Tony for organising the whole thing, and Gill for helping out along the way.

• Advertisement

Thats BCOOP 08 all done and dusted and a big congrats goes to Strewelpeter for blowing the field away and winning this outright by 35 points.

A gallant effort goes to Gillcarr1972 for her 2nd place finish. Great performance to beat the way through 31 other seasoned pro's to take 2nd spot and nip it from me by a single point :(

I said in an earlier post, there was $660 in the prizepool, but stupid Tony cant add and there's only 32 players in the overall prize so its $640..broke down as $480 for Strewelpter and $160 for Gillcarr...vwp both and money is now shipped.

I've also shipped back $20 to Bops and $10 to [nicK] because Bops $100 Bounty freezeout didnt get going. Lack of avertising due to boards being down for maintenance for the best part of the day.

Just wanna say thanks to all that took part and it was a very enjoyable series, with no bad blood and lots of banter. Hope to do it again soon.

Just want to say big thanks to Gill for helping out with threads and PMs when i wasnt around, and also to Mellor and KevIRL who also do a bit of helping out along the way ;)

Here's the final standings....gl all

Tony

finaltablebcoopee0.jpg

Advertisement